Eric Skye Thirty Day Guitar Challenge

min7b5

• Members

A week or so ago I posted my Thirty Day Guitar Challenge. Maybe “challenge” isn't the right word, I just thought it was catchy. But to mark what I recently realized was my thirtieth anniversary of being a guitar teacher, I thought it would be fun to try to share a short lesson a day for a month. Maybe start your day with one video and a cup of coffee and see if leads you anywhere different. My challenge to myself was to do this all off the cuff (for better or worse), and try to avoid any mention of chords or scales, or any other technical stuff… It’s really trying to be more about musicianship and artistry. Maybe it’s my manifesto! Anyway, I hope my fellow guitar players will find a few things interesting and or helpful.

Best,e

• Members

Well, I just finished two of your vids and must say, I appreciate the non technical approach to a daily "challenge". After 30 plus years of sporadic playing and lessons I wish I had spent more time on musicianship and less on notes. Nice find, now in my bookmarks! Thanks.

• Members

Eric, thanks and good to see you posting here again. I'm always looking for a way to challenge myself - this looks like it will do it.

For those of you who don't know Eric Skye - he is one of our favorite modern acoustic jazz players. I have several of Eric's cd's in he is constantly in our play list. Give him a listen.

• 1 year later...

Archived