Hi there!

Neal

• Members

so..uh..we're about done here, right? Don't leave the lights on if you care about saving some cash for whoever owns the joint. If not, leave 'em on.

i just noticed the icon for the poll feature on my iPad right up top, left, last icon after the camera and..paperclip? ..looks like the middle finger. On the quick reply, btw, not sure about the whole awesome wisiwyg replier-editor.

maybe it's just summer starting and you all have lives, idunno, I'm jealous then. Not "Idunno" who stole my favorite word so it feels weird to use it anymore, but Idunno in the sense that "I don't know".

thanks Joe, you dick.

• Members

Just parroting the common man is all. Saves on rings, secret handshakes and hushed memberships. BTW, not a bad piece of writing in that other thread where you're looking down at me. I'd comment on your playing but I'd be repeating myself. No originality in that. Still...

This is the place. Everyone who's anyone reports in here. Eventually. That's fine. Hold outs. Someone will throw the switch and take the last roll of toilet paper on his way out. Bets? I think it's gonna be Phil. He's the last of the charmed HC Torchbearers. Or, maybe the first?

Again, nice writing. Glad you managed to play it well.

• Members

You really must refresh my memory, because I don't know wtf you're on about. Which other writing where I was looking down on you? And it was ....good?

I think the way of the forum has lost. Too many miles for us dinosaurs, too many perceived slights, no more balls left to say what we'd like. Time for the new gen and Pinterest, Twitter, and....there's one more, but as a Dino, can't think of it.

Well, you were a dick Joe, but you're OUR collective dick, and that's not a bad thing, just a thing. And really, I can forgive most crap, but "Idunno" was my favorite expression. It helped create a personality, flawed though it was in many, many ways. And you took that from me. So sad, play a small concerto on the tiniest violin for me, will you?

• Members

Yes we are, look around. It's commendable to think that, and perhaps there may be some room to move, but really, 2 posts a day ain't gonna get any new blood excited, and the old blood? Well, they all pretty much decided to lurk. Like me, not that ANYONE, should be like me for heavens sake. Matter of fact, after all these attempts to engage, I think I'll go back to the lurk. It may pick up. I'll post another Uke vid to shame all the hotshots maybe. Or maybe that's what kills it.. "Idunno"....

• Members

Dead ... ? I dunno....

This place has been more lively, sure. Forums are, indeed, a kind-of old-fashioned thing, but just like the USENET - still there, alive and kicking. Forums are very hard to kill. They can be kept with very few resources - compared to some "social media" thingy and they retain information longer, which is a good thing.

We, being acoustic players, are somewhat in the minority anyway. The electricians outnumber us and they post more often as they have much more options to modify and change their kit. I mean they can talk about all the wood work, paintwork, electricity, pickups, string, cables, effects, amps, speakers in variations that outnumber our own small patch by multiple orders of magnitude and, let's be honest, nailing a few pieces of wire to a plank of wood and calling it a guitar is no rocket science. Even I can do that. Been there, done that.

When/if we talk about bridgepins and different strings (Elixir vs. D'Addario vs. Martin, coated vs. uncoated) people roll their collective eyes backwards and utter ... Again?

This is, by the way, not only limited to our patch of the interwebz. I'm a member of a few forae, some in the US, some in Eire (where I live), some in Germany (my home nation) and in all of those the electricians outnumber the carpenters 10 to 1 and the posting count relations is - sometimes - even worse than that. 15 or 20 to 1 peak volume is not unusual.

But, as one of my friends in one of the German forae used to say: "Yes, it's more quiet in here, but in here you can actually enjoy the music"

• Members

Oh goodness. Ed, please feel free. It's only unfortunate that thus far the Puggle has been associated with my postings, and quite frankly, I'm just not sure you can keep up the same level of interest. But imitation is the sincerest form of something or another. Pretty sure it ain't flattery in this case, and you reall SHOULD post a disclaimer in any future postings, right at the beginning stating you're not Neal. I know you'd hate to be seen that way.

...huh. That puggle does look good on you, come to think.

Katopp, it's admireable you see it that way.

• Members
Oh goodness. Ed, please feel free. It's only unfortunate that thus far the Puggle has been associated with my postings, and quite frankly, I'm just not sure you can keep up the same level of interest. But imitation is the sincerest form of something or another. Pretty sure it ain't flattery in this case, and you reall SHOULD post a disclaimer in any future postings, right at the beginning stating you're not Neal. I know you'd hate to be seen that way.

...huh. That puggle does look good on you, come to think.

Katopp, it's admireable you see it that way.

Nah just trying to engage and generate some interest with a little humor and was feeling a little sorry for you you seemed very much in need of some human contact with all the postings you were doing. My bad!

Yep pretty dead round these here parts ...

• Members
I like fried chicken.

It's about time you showed up. A friendly avatar is good to see in this hellhole of hate and derision. ..ok, maybe that last part was a bit embellished..

• Members
Avatars and pick guards say a lot about an individual.

They do, don't they? I see a guy with a tiger striped pickguard on an old Gibson, and right away I think "gosh, that man can play". Yet when I see a "My Little Pony" pickguard on a little girl's beginner guitar, I think "oh crap, I hope she gets off the stage quick". If she only had better taste.

And avatars, I look at yours and liked it so much I thought I'd do the same.

• Members
so..uh..we're about done here, right? Don't leave the lights on if you care about saving some cash for whoever owns the joint. If not, leave 'em on.

i just noticed the icon for the poll feature on my iPad right up top, left, last icon after the camera and..paperclip? ..looks like the middle finger. On the quick reply, btw, not sure about the whole awesome wisiwyg replier-editor.

maybe it's just summer starting and you all have lives, idunno, I'm jealous then. Not "Idunno" who stole my favorite word so it feels weird to use it anymore, but Idunno in the sense that "I don't know".

thanks Joe, you dick.

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say. Done? Poll? Joe?

=O.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Meh...it's summer here and I've got kids. If I might stray from the flow of this thread an get off the "OT" wagon let me share this:

My 8yo loves doing kid things... you know, "playing." The other day he picked up my ukulele and played me his latest composition. Then he taught it to me...and he was a very stern instructor. Good times. I think he may be ready for lessons soon ... only, it's probably going to be piano lessons. Now to find an old upright on Craig's list.

• Members

I'm going on a double date tonight with a couple who belong to a mission and have been trying to convert me as long as I've known them. Silly humans. Once more I go forth into the fray...the things I do for the needy.

• Members

I went over to my friend's house last night to work on a couple of outstanding projects:

1: My second build. I bent the sides in March. I glued in the end blocks in April then family issues came up. Last night I glued in the kerfing. I hope to get the other half done before fall. BTW, I went with basswood reverse kerfing.

2015-06-09%2023.00.26_zps5szwngpp.jpg

2: I glued up the key cracks on my Larrivee that met an unfortunate accident back in October. My friend joked that it really seemed to have opened up.

Archived