Has the armageddon stone been disturbed

Idunno

• Members

Sure there's a stone. There's a symbolic stone beneath everything of virtue and spoil alike. They lie quiet in a state of slumber until disturbed for a deed, then again return to their quiet state. Armageddon, a known spoil, has an infinite number of locations just as any other spoil or virtue does. Each can be found under the foot of any man taking the first step in its name. History loves geographical points of origins for events and so we have faithfully recorded them, symbolically if necessary. Fortunately, Armageddon has yet to find a capable champion or culture from any earth-bound location who can attain its goal. I think it will eventually come in the form of a much larger stone that traverses the universe with a rushing intent of meeting us up close and in person. That would be pretty cool for a couple milliseconds.

• Members

I walked past a local Corona Cigar Bar recently and almost gagged. A few years ago I could be found outside the same place on their patio building long ashes and nursing a Guinness. Then, I quit smoking altogether. That's not to say I'm knocking my smoking past. I just can't enjoy the idea of it, much less the act, going forward.

• Members
I walked past a local Corona Cigar Bar recently and almost gagged. A few years ago I could be found outside the same place on their patio building long ashes and nursing a Guinness. Then' date=' I quit smoking altogether. .[/quote']

Yes, me too. I quit just over 10 years ago - not cigars, roll-your-own and a pipe. Isn't fresh air wonderful?

• Members

I would LOVE to be able to indulge in the occasional pipe or cigar, but my inner raging nicotine fiend inevitably creeps me back up to needing to have a pack of cigarettes handy. I've never found quitting tobacco all that difficult, but it's a whole lot easier if I don't start again. I will always be grateful there's no inner raging alcoholic in here. :)

• Members

So, how often have you quit to judge it easy to do? As far as cigarettes go, I've dumped them many times only to switch over to another tobacco product. It wasn't until I put down cigarettes this last time that I completely kicked my romance with tobacco in all forms to the curb. Now I look back and can only ponder the wealth lost to it.

hijacked.gif

Archived