Remember me?

Idunno

• Members

Why is there a little check box on the log in asking that? It's seems unnecessary. Obviously, if I log in I don't want to be kicked off simply because I take a few minutes to post something. But, if I don't check that little box and subsequently take a few minutes to post a thread response I will be instead generously gifted a pop-up window advising me that I am not logged in. How inane is that?

Admins, if I make the effort to log in and participate don'tcha' think my intent is to stay until I physically log out or otherwise leave the site? I actually need to check that stupid little box to clue you in about that intent? The log in act itself isn't sincere enough?

I realize it's the software but sentient people are supposed to be writing it.

• Members

The "Remember Me" box instructs your browser to allow vb to set a cookie in your browser with your login information. It eliminates the need for logging in every time you come to the forum. It works... although the cookie evidently expires in about a month and you have to login all over again.

• Members

Wait, who are you again? Oh, never mind, I know. You're Old What's His Name, that's right. Seriously, I don't use that feature anyway so it doesn't matter to me. FWIW, I used to write programs and you would've been hard pressed to tell they'd been written by anyone sentient.

• Members
Why is there a little check box on the log in asking that? It's seems unnecessary. Obviously, if I log in I don't want to be kicked off simply because I take a few minutes to post something. But, if I don't check that little box and subsequently take a few minutes to post a thread response I will be instead generously gifted a pop-up window advising me that I am not logged in. How inane is that?

Admins, if I make the effort to log in and participate don'tcha' think my intent is to stay until I physically log out or otherwise leave the site? I actually need to check that stupid little box to clue you in about that intent? The log in act itself isn't sincere enough?

I realize it's the software but sentient people are supposed to be writing it.

I've found that if you use tabs or separate windows, some pages may time out and return the login thing but VB still has may have you logged if you can access the mother page.

• Members

I know what the check box is for and what it sets up regarding the login. The question is rhetorical and points to the check box's redundancy relative to the login action itself.

If I log in there should be no need of an additional check box to lock-in that action, nor should I be kicked out after the lapse of a certain period of time. But, some genius figured the check box was needed, adjusted his glasses and dove into writing the code for it. Then he back-tracked and wrote additional strings of code to time-out the login just to qualify writing the string of code for the check box.

Then, he went about his business of writing viruses for the highest paying anti-virus companies who employ him to keep their products viably relevant.

• Members

I'm not sure I have ever received the "you are logged out" window, but that would certainly be irritating. Whenever I have a long rant that I want to pursue, I open a blank MS Word file and type it up until it meets my expectations. Then I just copy and paste it into the appropriate thread. Works well. I use two video monitors so I can read stuff on one and type stuff on the other. It is a neat set up and my second monitor I picked up at a local flea market for $20 bucks. If ya'll don't use two monitors you should try it.

• Members

Consider the situation if you log in from a public computer, like at a library or computer lab. I don't think you'd want your login credentials to be stored on said public computer for anyone to see and use. The check box gives you the option of preventing that. (to a limited extent.)

• Members
@Frets - Your correct

@Ed - Yank his chain fir fun ? Naw he used tae Yanky yours ye mean fir fun so ave heard likes lol :)

I see, resorting to the old I'm rubber you're glue defense.

A worthy adversary you ... I mean he was angry05

Archived