Instrument collection

DeepEnd

• Members

That is pretty amazing - thanks for the link.

You talked in another thread about a lutherie gathering near you. In 2008 I attended one in the Seattle area that included a collection of rare instruments owned by Jim Forderer. Sitting out on tables were all kinds of old stringed instruments - guitars and lutes and other wonderful things. An original Hauser, Stauffer (the guy that taught the first CFMartin), a Torres (I've been told that the 90 or so Torres in the world fetch 30 to 100L at auctions), many early Gibsons (a Nick Lucus), some very old Martins (how about a '30's D42?) - the owner was encouraging ordinary folks (like me) to pick them up and play them. I took a couple of pictures but mostly just stood there in awe

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

• Members
Hello Freeman Keller, I See the collection of your guitars first one is looking a little girly, but I really like the second guitar sweet and simple.

Best acoustic guitars

Hello Gary Wilson, if you had read my posting you would know that is not my collection but belongs to someone named Jim Forderer.

http://www.laguitarracalifornia.com/Default.asp?Page=139

The "girly" one is an original Stauffer - probably worth in the six figures and the beginning of Mr Martin's career, which of course lead to the modern X braced guitar which reached its pinnacle in the work of Mr. Zager.

The second is a '37 Hauser - Segovia called his the best guitar he had ever played. It would be something for you to consider - the gut strings would be very easy to play. If you could find one you would probably have to mortgage your home to buy it.

My collection is much more modest....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Some of the coolest girl guitars made at www.jamcitymusicusa.com

Daisy Rock, Pixie Girls Acoustic Guitar, Pink Sparkle DR 14-6205 NEW W/ Warranty

http://www.jamcitymusicusa.com/page.aspx?pageID=14605#!/Daisy-Rock-Pixie-Girls-Acoustic-Guitar-Pink-Sparkle-DR-14-6205-NEW-W-Warranty/p/43803258/category=6104662

We have the not so girly ones like the pearl white wild wood artist and many more. See our reverb store as well listed below in the signature section. We sell these guitars for well under retail and we are a DR dealer.

Give us a facebook like or a twitter, pinterest etc follow for deals and give aways specific to our social media sites. Check out our site! PayPal, all major credit cards, phone orders, cashiers check, money order, cash in person Accepted. Near Pittsburgh and Youngstown. We carry Fender, Washburn, Takamine, Dobro, Daisy Rock, Epiphone, Peavey, ESP, Jackson, Ibanez, Gretsch, Cordoba, Guild, The Loar, Recording King you name it....

192b92420233ac5944bba9efc54b9726.thumb.jpg.924ff869952fe1ce342cfcc0cb789f3b.jpg

Please re-read the site rules. Spam is NOT allowed, and instead of contrinuting to the forums and discussion, it appears that spamming is all you do.

This post is most definitely spam since you're directly offering guitars for sale (Freeman Keller isn't), and is a direct violation of the rules you agreed to when you registered here at Harmony Central.

This time, I gave you a two week temp ban for spamming, but if this sort of activity continues, next time, your account will be perma-banned. Fair warning... :cop:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My bad. It was a first day fluke. I have a lot of irons in the fire and make some occasional mistakes. I'll stick to the classifieds if I want to promo some items. I'll leave it up the other participants whether or not they want to seek out my store because they liked a reply I made etc. There's a lot of good info on here. I get it now. It won't happen again. Thanks for allowing me to continue to remain a member of your site. Best wishes...

Archived