OT is back ...

EdBega

• Members

We'll just keep on keeping on. This little HC sponsored glitch has been nothing but more of the same so, really, what's so different about the status quo that this side-bar event has disturbed? Not much. It livened things up on a forum (site) built on underpinnings of unrest. Carry on.

• Members

True.

And, on-topic post for an off-topic thread -

Today I met a guy with an X-15 rocket motor - new, never run - in his facility. That's as rare as a hen's tooth with a gold filling. To a collector it's priceless and the man's phone was burning up with solicitations. He was so giddy with the offers coming in I postponed our business meeting to another day. I'm curious what it fetches for him. I know who will probably get it from him but until that happens I'll observe propriety.

• Members

Einstein or Panera?

Einstein - You ask for a toasted bagel with butter on the side you get a toasted bagel with a small cup of whipped butter.

Panera - You ask for a toasted bagel with butter on the side you get a warmed bagel with frozen individual Land-O-Lakes butter packs.

Coffee -

Einstein - Their Neighborhood Blend is actually "A darn good cup of coffee".

Panera - Their "Light Blend" is actually very strong and bitter, reminiscent of the crude put out by Shell Oil Company through their Starbucks outlets.

• Members

While we're talking flapjacks, today at a Music and Arts place I noticed several Breedloves and Eastmans hanging on the wall mixed in with Epiphones, Yamahas and Fenders. Cool. They had more of the Breedloves and Eastmans than the local GC. I didn't play any of them so no report. I bought a set of .010s and left. At the entrance to the store there was this really fat guy playing a keyboard on piano emulation facing a late teen kid also on a keyboard emulating the same instrument. They were playing and singing worship songs in harmony. I lasted 3 minutes, got my strings and split. Annoying.

Archived