new to site

chris862013

• Members

High all im chris new to the site and world of guitar ive been playing for about 8 mnths now. I started off with a fender gem 2, to see if id stick it out then when i realised this is a part of my life i decided to buy a better guitar. I spent a month playing every thing in the under £350 price range from epi hummers, doves to tanglewood tw115s. I became attached to a sigma dr35 when i played it it felt right so i snatched it for £320. This guitar is brilliant although people say its a copy martin d35 and i can see where its came from. Take the name off and it really is an outstanding guitar, nice bearclaw sitka spruce top, lam indian rosewood 3 piece backbone nut, saddle and pins (mod) rosewood bridge and fret board 1/4 inch scalloped bracing and a brilliant finish. Sorry for the review but i love this dread its really helped me progress so thats me haha.

Hi !

• Members
. . . . im chris new to the site and world of guitar . . . . .

Hello & Welcome.

I hope you enjoy the forum.

. . . . . . I became attached to a sigma dr35 when i played it it felt right so i snatched it for £320. This guitar is brilliant although people say its a copy martin d35 and i can see where its came from. Take the name off and it really is an outstanding guitar. . . . .

Nice looking guitar. Congratulations.

Don't worry about the name. The days when you had to buy a "famous name" to get a good guitar are long gone - there are lots of very good quality instruments on the market these days at very reasonable prices.

• Members

Hello and welcome from Eire!

The Sigma is, indeed, one of the better Martin knockoffs. I have a Sigma D28 copy and it does 99% of what a D28 does. Only in studio situations, working with very good mics and engineers, you hear the difference between the original martin D28 and the Sigma D28. As soon as you start playing it outside of the studio, it is indistinguishable from the "original".

Archived