GC Today

Idunno

• Members

I anticipate it to be a very good place to while away an hour or so today because people will be at the food stores stocking up on snacks and beverages for Superbowl festivities. I do not remember the last time I watched a game much less the championship matches. I'm still way too healthy to qualify for armchair athleticism. For those who do participate in such a manner, have a great day! Tomorrow I'm sure I'll be forced to listen to the banter of sports experts at work discussing how things should have been played. But, that's a whole other championship match in itself.

On the topic at hand, though, it's been 8 years since I experienced GAS, having bought the guitars that have proven to me over that period they are unsurpassed in what I can do with them, and will be going just to see what's new and kill some time. I kinda miss those days of gaseous anticipation.

• Members

funny , but my family and I , wont be watching the Super bowl either . We have three daughters

and we typically watch either the Puppy bowl on animal Planet,

or the Kitty bowl on the Hallmark channel . Silly but we still do the festive thing with all the food

but we have more fun enjoying each others company and watching the silly stuff .

Spending the morning at G C ( thou not my favorite music store )

sounds allot funner that watching the Stuper bowl -plus you wont have as many knuckle head

teenagers showing off the one run they know on a 4 thousand dollar Gibson and a super powerful amp

they will never buy - hope your day is fun !

• Members

Going for a few walking trips around a local lake now. It's exactly one mile. I like to watch people running around it for their health regardless of the fact that running is an unhealthy bit of exercise, generally speaking. Strictly cardio related in purpose, it's better to take a brisk walk and save the impact on the joints. Oh, good shoes resolve that they've been told. Don't believe the athletic shoe people. The joints still take a beating regardless of cheap or expensive shoes. Besides, I take a bunch of pieces of bread and make friends with the water foul and turtles - a priceless melding of like minds, no?

• Members
Going for a few walking trips around a local lake now. It's exactly one mile. I like to watch people running around it for their health regardless of the fact that running is an unhealthy bit of exercise' date=' generally speaking. Strictly cardio related in purpose, [b']it's better to take a brisk walk and save the impact on the joints. . . . . [/b]

I agree 100%.

I normally take a walk twice a week. A fair bit more than a mile though - I usually walk up in the hills for anything between 2 to 4 hours (depending on time I have to spare, weather, mood, etc) and I'll walk 3 to 6 miles. The routes I take usually involve lots of ups and downs so it's good exercise.

• Members

James as a rule I don't fight old fuddy duddys there's no upside to it. If you win you kicked an old fuddy duddy's ass and there's no glory in that on the other hand if you lose you just got your ass kicked by an old fuddy duddy ....:D

• Members
James as a rule I don't fight old fuddy duddys there's no upside to it. If you win you kicked an old fuddy duddy's ass and there's no glory in that on the other hand if you lose you just got your ass kicked by an old fuddy duddy ....:D

Balls. You just don't want to join in on the fun. You see, going out fighting is a pant load better'n involuntarily lying prostrate, rattling with pills and knowing the world is more concerned about Justin Bieber's fall from grace than your loss of life. Pistols at dawn would be so cool. I'd miss on purpose.

• Members
Justin Bieber fell from grace...? Durn' date=' I've gotta get out more![/quote']

Yes, my sons are 16 and 21 and bring home the goods on what's hot, what's not. The Beeb is in a self-flamed tailspin with their running crowd.

• Members

I might be persuaded to get up that early for a mountain bike ride but given a choice between fighting and sleeping it's a no-brainer.

Besides life is very short and there's no ti i i i ime for fussing and fighting my friend ...

• Members

That has been pretty much the steady state of decay GC has been exhibiting for some time now despite their deceptive claims. That was a good article he sifted from the financial pages for GC. Coulda used a little editing but we're all friends. Thanks for the post.

Archived