Advice about Washubrn d10sts

gaylewebber00

• Members

Depends on where you are. Washburn makes a nice guitar and that's a decent price but the guitar is in Seoul, S. Korea so unless you're near there a potential return might be problematic. Not saying you'll need to return it but if you do...

• Members

Frankly I would be very leery. If you scroll down to the "Sharpened Flat" section of that ad they say the guitar has the Buzz Feiten tuning system - when I look at the picture of the nut I don't see it. They seem to be the only people selling that particular guitar - and they say its factory close out. All of those are red flags. One of the reasons to buy a new guitar is that it will be set up correctly and have the manufacturer's warranty.

I know lots of people who shop online but my personal feeling is always to buy from a shop where you can play the guitar if you can. Second choice would be one of the established online or mail order stores - Maurys, Elderly, Sweetwater, MF.... I'm always nervous about e-bay sellers and my very last choice is buying used on e-bay.

If you can't play it yourself at least budget a hundred bucks for a professional setup when you get it

• Members

I'd skip it personally, and I'm a Washburn fan. I played a D10 of some variety for a long time and while it's a fine guitar I wouldn't buy it online. Don't know where you're located, gaylewebber00, but I see similar (although not brand new) Washburn D10's on my local Craigslist regularly for half the price. If it was a more expensive, harder to find guitar I might have a different opinion.

• Members

a washburn d10 was my first real guitar 20 years ago, while it was great for a long time, since i bought my recording king a year ago, i realized how big the sound difference is.

that said a d10 is a great starter guitar.

but its strange that a ebay seller with 0 feedback -> no history in ebay does a so called factory sell out and the one and only item he has to sell is this guitar...

not that it must be something bad, but it looks a bit fishy.

if you really want to buy this guitar, i would contact the seller through ebay and see how he would react to your questions, ask why the factory outlet store only has one guitar avaible, and why he has no feedback, if this is really his first ebay transaction ever etc...

if there come some fishy answers i would stand clear and not touch this auction...

i bought some new and used guitars through ebay, which might as a lefty be the only option to get something else than a strat. had no issues so far with ebay itself, but you need to look and watch out and if something smells fishy just walk away

Archived