Martins in New Orleans

katopp

• Members

With the Euro losing out against the Dollar in the near future, I consider looking for a Martin GPCA or similar while visiting New Orleans in two weeks time. I will have Friday afternoon and Saturday morning to browse for a Martin. I will be located in the French Quarter on Bourbon.... Any suggestions?

• Members

OK. But $1000 is a lot for a name.

I don't know. Never bonded with Cort/Crafter. Too much Taylor'ish influence in there. Can't help it, but deep down in my heart I'm a Martin man. But since I'm in London I might try Tin Pan Alley....

• Members

I don't know. Never bonded with Cort/Crafter. Too much Taylor'ish influence in there. Can't help it, but deep down in my heart I'm a Martin man. . . . . . ..

OK - I can understand that.

http://www.recordingking.com/products/guitars-all-models/guitars-rom06-cfe4

http://www.amazon.com/Recording-King-ROM-06-CFE4-Electric-OM-Style/dp/B006J0P25I

• Members
All your ex-wives? As in plural? Oh dear, my divorce was hurting - emotionally and finacially - so I feel, I will not have to repeat a mistake. Been there, done that, don't wat to go back there. Once is enough...

uh oh...That means you'll go back to Vietnam single? Very risky.

I don't know what kind of Martin selection IVG has. Try Werlein's in Metairie and of course, GC.

Werleins 504-883-5060.

• Members

I will take that risk in regards to VN. :-)

Will call them when I'm in the Big Easy. Hotel is on 300 Bourbon St. - am quite curious about how the French Quarter looks like nowadays - if they let me escape the convention center, that is....

• Members
I will take that risk in regards to VN. :-)

Will call them when I'm in the Big Easy. Hotel is on 300 Bourbon St. - am quite curious about how the French Quarter looks like nowadays - if they let me escape the convention center, that is....

The Vieux Carre looks about the same. After the BP thing it was hurting. But it's back almost to normal now. I was there in October. Lovely.

There used to be a Werleins in the French Quarter across the street from house of Blues. If it's still there, it's walking distance. They have some nice guitars.

The last time I was at iVG, it was not at 3342 Magazine. It was closer to the French Quarter but it was still on Magazine St. Call them to get their address. I think it is walking distance from the French Quarter too, unless the store has moved again.

Archived