Giving Thanks

poppytater

• Members

I've used Dunlop .60mm nylon picks for years and lately I've been using .73mm nylon Control Picks on electric. Never tried Fender nylons; didn't know they made them. I have, however, tried greens and didn't care for them. Could have been the specific recipe.

• Members

Happy Thanksgiving My Peoples.

I'm grateful for:

mandolin and guitar strings that don't cost what violin strings cost.

Wegen M100s

Peterson tuners

The internet for it's characters (like you guys,) chord changes, lyrics and venues.

This lovely warm house

My lovely warm sweetie

Women in general :)

Keith Jarrett

Abelour A'bunadh

And for whatever fates decreed that I be such a lucky sob.

• Members

Believe it or not, I'm thankful for this mötley crew of peeps around here,

Freeman for sometimes giving me the right idea and sometimes being on the same page. Thanks for the bridge caul project, we've done together. This thing is a helpful tool, indeed.

Etienne fpr introducing me to Binh. I would never ever had imagined commisioning such artful instruments. I've always assumed that those are only for the chosen few.

Poppy for making me laugh more than once.

TAH for not being afraid to step on anyone's toes.

Jamesp for some thoughful conversations.

Fretfiend. for being the obnoxious, vitriolic sociopath.

That Scottish lad for not coming back...

.. and to the uncountable others, whom I may not have mentioned and whose Nicks I may have long forgotten for being here and participating and a great forum. Could be better, was better before, but still is - and will be - a staple website to visit.

Thanks, guys!

• Members

Shot, cursed, incarcerated and reluctant witness at times in many primitive cultures over a period of 25 years, I can only say that giving thanks loses me in the relative overall chaos of humans (and possibly sub-species thereof) indoctrinated by their inherent cultures and belief systems. Their distinctions a hapless roll of the regional/cultural dice, I give thanks for surviving their homogenous barbarity. It's a gift that I'm finding keeps giving more than I can attempt to forget. I used to think the mass media's show-all callousness was a needless intrusion on peaceful societies but I've since changed that. It's on days like this when documentaries of global human barbarism should be aired versus parades of pretty floats and well-heeled dogs. But, I do subscribe to a different kind of charitable.

Archived