Happy Samhain Terry Allan

jamesp

• Members

Well, he's gone. Not sure I ever understood his claim on this Samhain business as real or just pulling another of many legs he was known to do. I read up on it and it's typically man getting all mystical and mysterious like he does with things he conjures up, only to later suffer the realities and embarrassment of factual discovery. Here's one little tidbit I never knew about man, though: trade and warfare are seasonal!

"In medieval Ireland the festival marked the end of the season for trade and warfare and was an ideal date for tribal gatherings."

• Members

Cold winters will do that to ya....

No doubt. So, in the off season they postponed their ire-ish towards neighboring tribes, put down their sticks and stones until the 1st of May and then went at it again? And, what festival might be the opener for a new season of warfare?

And, TAH claimed some form of alliance/compliance/allegiance with this logic? Terry. He pull my leg me-thinks.

• Members

And, what festival might be the opener for a new season of warfare?.

The perennial PR campaign. ;-)

Obvsly you're overgeneralizing from a single data point here. Honestly, I can never tell whether you're pulling my leg or not either. My warm regards persevere, regardlessly. :)

• Members

Terry was the kind of guy that was very memorial , he had more than just guts ( some call it Balls )

i know he got in trouble a couple of times here, but we all admired him for doing that .

I considered him a friend - the day i found out he past away was a sad day indeed .

I bet he's keeping all the angels on their toes !

Rest in Peace Terry !

• Members

The perennial PR campaign. ;-)

Obvsly you're overgeneralizing from a single data point here. Honestly, I can never tell whether you're pulling my leg or not either. My warm regards persevere, regardlessly. :)

Terry and I shared a camaraderie as kindred gypsies without the baggage of friendship. He loved to play the ruse, I recognized it and never outed him. He was too fun to watch as he played people. Some did call him out and he fearlessly engaged them. He took the hit for it many times and I couldn't wait for his grand re-emergence. Gypsies don't bond. They'll sell it to you but won't service it. Matters of the heart are for people who enjoy its elicitation. It's the ruse that counts and if you stop for a millisecond to think about it, that's exactly what's at the heart of music that people want. They just don't know it or think of it that way. All entertainers apply the mighty ruse. Terry lived it.

I'm not diminishing your views at all. Or, maybe I am and you can't tell. Either way, I'm not important enough for you to put any stock in.

Archived