If I could play

tbry

• Members
  • Members

Yes you would. Ten minutes and you'd be on the phone with the store requesting a return material authorization. That dood is giving that guitar all he's got to make it barely presentable as a musical instrument and he's classically trained. He might be fooling some of the people but...

• Members

I wanted to buy a $175 Yamaha F-310 to use as a beater and save the Gibson SJ Deluxe I got from my dad.

My friend who worked in the music store told me they were great guitars for the price and that he would play them all and pick out a good one. It ended up costing $400 with the Fishman and shipping. (the pickup actually cost more than the guitar).

The Yamaha sounded so good that the Gibson stayed in the case. I did have some concerns that it might fall apart but after nearly ten years of use (with 13-56 strings) there is not even a ripple in the top.

I use the Yamaha for everything. Live, recording, teaching, outdoor jam sessions etc. I ended up giving the Gibson away to someone who really liked it. (he had given me a Les Paul a few years earlier)

The point is, it's not how much you pay for an instrument that gives it value. It is the musical connection that happens via the instrument that counts.

• Members

Alrighty then...

Dood made as much or more string noise on that hackey stick than music and he was working it hard to coax some frequencies out of it. His right hand is clawing at that thing. Two songs and his nails will be toast. He was showboating to some of us, posing to others and otherwise playing to fool. I wouldn't have two minutes of fun with that guitar and, guess what? It isn't worth it if it's work and he is definitely working.

He could have eased that simple melody out of any Yamaha, even the old FG75 blues boxes with near-zero projection/sustain, but he's faking like it ain't all there unless it's on a $20.00 working man's guitar after walking home from the coal mine in the snow uphill both ways with holes in his shoes.

Archived