I killed the forum

Neal

• Members

Hi. I killed the forum. Finally it has come to fruition. It was my nefarious plan to finally lay to waste your insidious banter. Hold on a sec... I have to look up "insidious" and "nefarious", as well as "fruition"...... ok, good, those work in a way.. anyway, it's done. No, don't come back and post to make me wrong, this has all been laid out from the year..wait a sec, I gotta check how long I've been on the board... ok, got it. Since 2006 I've been trying to find a way to kill your fun (It hasn't been easy, let me tell you!!), but there has been a way. Harmony helped with their neverending changing of the format, but that wasn't the switch, it was merely a "helper". No, I killed it by...

You finish it if you're interested. Use me!

It was a Grand Plan. And now, I, like many before me, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Buddha, Jesus, Obama, have made their mark in history as those that have thoroughly focked up something interesting for their own gain. I may have missed some historical figures, and would appreciate it if you pointed them out, this part could be fun, but the rest, NO! You're done here.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't be so unforgiving on yourself. The great tides of history are beyond our ability to control.

And about the hedgehog. Yes it was awful. But the culprit will be found. Even if it is not in this life -

he or she will be punished for treating a defenseless little hedgehog in such a mean-spirited way.

A lot of the drop-off can be attributed to that awful event. And we all know you're not at fault.

And we apologize that suspicion fell on you at first. But we don't suspect you anymore.

• Members

Holy cow! Talk about "PUI".. add a bit of boredom, some frustrated musician complex (FMC), along with a decent amount of natural dickheadedness, and lack of shame...and Voila! Oh, and megalomania.. megalomania? That's simply too big a word and takes it a tad over the (kat)top;). Conceit would be a better choice, as long as your being serious, and I highly recommend against that when dealing with troll posts. It just encourages. In any event though, it did bring out some old regulars. So talk already. And NO MORE POSTING BUZZED! How embarrassing...

• Members

We used to have hundreds of people ACTIVE on this forum. Unfortunately, the powers that be at HC's shortsightedness and lack of understanding of people destroyed this forum. I wonder how much business Musicians Friend has lost as a result of the catastrophic management of this board. Save a dollar and lose ten more is the way they do business. I can foresee the closing down of HC in the not to distant future and it will be blamed on the lack of support of the musicians involved. Management, of course, can't see beyond the tips of their noses.

BigAl

• Members

Well, hold on a sec, boys. Sure, the look has changed some, there have been slow ups and glitches, but, and I can only speak for myself, the keyboard on this device still works. No...ok, I'll just come out and say it, you guys can be dicks.

Hey, me too, but as is evidenced by some responses to my recent trolling(face it, it worked), many still seem to have these big chips on their shoulders, are quick to condemn, and are waiting for the chance to "put that guy in his place". In the most clever and righteous way possible, of course. Now, I'll throw myself in with you lot on all that stuff, but this recent post regarding "me" killing the forum was simply an irreverent post to drag some conversation outta you. It sort of worked, but a few of you are still too puffed up with your own importance to even find the silliness of that particular troll.

No, didn't say you should find it funny, just read the lack of seriousness in it. Folks come and go, for various reasons people get bored with...us. WE get bored with us. Frequently some fun, or irreverent off topic banter is met with derision because someone gets offended, yet many complain that now you can't swear. Odd, isn't it? Play nice? Sure, but that's sort of difficult if you're just waiting for someone to look cross eyed atcha.

Btw, fix your sigs you knuckleheads! Hmmm...can't do paragraphs on my iPad. That's it, now the forum's RUINED for me.

Edit: Ok, got paragraphs on the mac, but not on the ipad.. odd, that.

• Members
Hi. I killed the forum. Finally it has come to fruition. It was my nefarious plan to finally lay to waste your insidious banter. Hold on a sec... I have to look up "insidious" and "nefarious", as well as "fruition"...... ok, good, those work in a way.. anyway, it's done. No, don't come back and post to make me wrong, this has all been laid out from the year..wait a sec, I gotta check how long I've been on the board... ok, got it. Since 2006 I've been trying to find a way to kill your fun (It hasn't been easy, let me tell you!!), but there has been a way. Harmony helped with their neverending changing of the format, but that wasn't the switch, it was merely a "helper". No, I killed it by...

You finish it if you're interested. Use me!

It was a Grand Plan. And now, I, like many before me, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Buddha, Jesus, Obama, have made their mark in history as those that have thoroughly focked up something interesting for their own gain. I may have missed some historical figures, and would appreciate it if you pointed them out, this part could be fun, but the rest, NO! You're done here.

The forum that never was because -

1. Many joined thinking everyone had chops and there was something to learn.

2. Few actually did have chops and they weren't showing.

3. In the many succeeding years knowledge of (2) became universal.

4. The forum became the largest membership of hodaddies on the web.

5. If everyone lacked chops the membership had no credibility.

6. Lack of credibility for making music disenfranchised the purpose for the discussion of guitar on this forum.

7. Discussion topics went awry and devolved the forum into Cheers for much of the time sans any comedic value.

8. Cliques began to form, the gang mentality emerged and lots of people got hurt or baled out.

9. Lord Of The Flies (the mod) refused to take responsibility for his role.

10. The forum technically stumbled a couple times from poor decision making in the front office.

11. The forum was ultimately stabilized with the surviving membership in exit mode and holding at (2) above.

That's about right, I think.

Neal, you are the pepper in the fly shit so don't strain yourself with that cat-o-9-tails just yet.

• Members

Well looky who's all posting and taking this serious and sh!t

C'mon boys, don't be so full of yerselves you gotta act all affronted and in the know about exactly WHY folks got sick of this crap, why fairly decent and talented folks, or simply nice folks, left. It's pretty obvious. You disliked folks not in your clique. And now only you are left. Your clique has left as well, for the most part. I'm surprised Freeman still posts here.

Sure, moderators coulda done a better job nipping things in the bud, but so could you. How many mean-girl posts have you seen on this board? Jesus, I only stayed to watch the whole thing a few years ago (and got hooked) simply because I couldn't believe there was an acoustic guitar board supposedly filled with folks that knew stuff, allow a few ignorant dickheads to put the flame on a guy that simply suggested humidity was important when you build a box with strings. And that post, along with all the other flame posts became the butt of off-board jokes. I don't think anyone took this board seriously again, and why would they?

No, stuff like that was rampant. Mods did nothing but neither did any of you except fan the flame. Sounds like sour-grapes, and to some extent it is, but really boys. This board became simply entertainment for the WWF fans on the internet. It became the anti-guitar board. If you wanted a sarcastic answer, or a good fight, or to read a good fight, this was the place.

I meant this topic as a joke, even my other 3 posts really could not be considered serious, yet reading you boys take it that way just blows my mind. Cmon, you can't ALL be that dense! Sadly, it's obvious that you all can.

I still love you all as a mother loves her errant children, but she knows there's not a thing she can say or do to let them know they're simply being little a$$holes.

I wait with baited breath (salmon) your clever and defensive responses. Please, just let this topic die, and let's all go away and let a fresh group take it. We've effed it up beyond repair, and no, it's not the management.

• Members

Well, I used to come here and it was before Neal I believe...the site went wonky and the guy that led the vom's left and I lost interest...Neal, yeah you did it. Its all your fault. You need another hobby. Picking on poor musician types is just bad form....but you can play so thats why they let you in the sandbox.

• Members
Well' date=' I used to come here and it was before Neal I believe...the site went wonky and the guy that led the vom's left and I lost interest...Neal, yeah you did it. Its all your fault. You need another hobby. Picking on poor musician types is just bad form....but you can play so thats why they let you in the sandbox.[/quote']im sorry you failed to read the whole thread, it was quite interesting, I see you came in '08, so STFU newbie :). And fix yer sig...jesus.

• Members

Not to mention the fact that in your newly acquired interest in posting( you're welcome), you bumped a perfectly good music thread, In Spite Of Ourselves, down a few. But on the other hand, you DID say "but you can play" before you went on to your wild "sandbox" conspiracy, so I'm not sure whether I should pick on you or not. Give me some guidance on that, and go bump the other thread back up in everyone's faces while yer at it. Don't make me start using emoticons.

• Members

Can we still use LOL?

Is there really anything left of acoustic guitar discussion that has credible purpose on this skewed forum? Can we dispense with it at this juncture and just have a free-for-all on Dendy's nickel (time is money). Also, can we finally admit that this forum's demise was and remains a slow burning collective shared equally between site owners and its membership? Despite those who actually care to know stuff about the physical construction and materials comprising a guitar's body and its appendage, there seems to be more interest in discussion about playing the damned thing. How completely inappropriate is that? Makes one want to genuinely contribute after reaching the apogee of apathy.

So...

What?

• Members
Can we still use LOL? Is there really anything left of acoustic guitar discussion that has credible purpose on this skewed forum? Can we dispense with it at this juncture and just have a free-for-all on Dendy's nickel (time is money). Also' date=' can we finally admit that this forum's demise was and remains a slow burning collective shared equally between site owners and its membership? Despite those who actually care to know stuff about the physical construction and materials comprising a guitar's body and its appendage, there seems to be more interest in discussion about playing the dam[b']n[/b]ed thing. How completely inappropriate is that? Makes one want to genuinely contribute after reaching the apogee of apathy. So... What?
Sure, you can use anything you'd like. Of all the folks that have posted in this thread, I'm pretty sure you're the only one that gets it. Ed's trolling, tbry just took the topic subject without reading the gist, the others, god bless 'em, realized it just a tad late and gracefully bowed out. But sure there's a lot of stuff we can talk about, just have to collectively get the chips off our shoulders. Heck, there's been a beehive of activity since I posted these well-meaning trolls, with a lot of newbies, as well as some oldies. The oldies seem to have re-entered just to take me to task, but Fock! A post is a post! Now if that dickhead tbry would only bump my music... "IN SPITE OF OURSELVES" , it's a few posts down.. Ed? Maybe you'll give it a listen and a comment? No? Ok, I'm cool with that. (I know you watched).

• Members

Your not gonna believe this but i laughed my ass off with the dickhead...nice touch. I didn't come to {censored} with you. I just thought it was funny you are still yanking everybody's chain after this long and they just have to stfu and take it. I am not mad at ya and I won't hang long enough because the site is wonky, not you. You are the straw that stirs the drink.

• Members

You were suppose to laugh yer a$$ off, that's the whole point. Don't be even more of a dick, the site is fine, it works if your keyboard does, so the "site is wonky" is pretty much bs. Post. I see you fixed your sig. I'll take that as a positive.

Archived