Private Messages

Idunno

• Members

I have one sitting in my in box here. I also have that feature turned off so it has to be from a mod. I keep that feature turned off on all the forums I'm a member of. Coincidentally, there's an unopened message sitting in my inbox at The Gear Page that must also be from a mod over there. It's been there for a while now.

Being the snarky individual I am these messages are probably scoldings from people who think my online conduct isn't up to the standards they choose to interpret for themselves and ascribe to others. That's usually the case. I used to get them at AGF from this Louie character who was on a secular campaign for first chair next to Gawd.

Maddening thing to the senders is I won't open them. I don't know if the mods know if I've read them or not, either. So, I'm going public with what should be public. Ain't gonna open them. The messages have to be from the mods and if I turned off the private messaging feature then they must respect the fact that I do not want to take private messages. This forces them to publicly state to me what's on their minds and feel good about themselves, right? They done good by the rules here and some form of common decency for forum conduct they feel they need to express.

Fair enough. But, they're not getting off that easy. Grow a set and go public with it.

Note: A long time ago when the klan here was conspiring to buy a guitar for someone they were attempting to contact me about it via the PM feature. I had turned it off. Public forum, public conduct says I. Derivicus contacted me using his magical mod powers to over-rule my preference. That pissed me right off. He said certain parties wanted to ask me something. I did not respond the way certain party's wanted me to. As a result, I missed the opportunity to contribute to the acquisition of a gift for a targeted (worthy) forum member. Finding that out post-facto, I turned the feature on but it became like I thought it would be - a private lambasting of whomever or between me and another forum dweeb - so I went strictly public again.

I don't use private messaging. If any of youse dweebs wants to say something private to me take it to the open forum. That includes you mods.

BTW, I will not be coming back to this particular thread because I've said everything I want to say on the topic and do not need to read your opinions. Maddening, ain't it?

Thank you.

Believe me, if I want to get your attention, I don't have to use the PM system to do it. And if I think you're not following the site rules, I won't need to use the PM system to let you know that either.

And FWIW, I don't know who sent you a PM. Nor do I care. If it was important, and it was from a mod or admin, you'd know - whether you read your private messages or not. :)

• Members
Now it's gotten interesting...
No, it hasn't. I would like to remind the original poster that in light of several past posts that seemed to sway the bourgeoisie in his favor, this one has fallen flat. Make no mistake, I'm a "joe" fan, but with this post, and lack of regular participation, Joe is in danger of falling into a negative light, like some others I will not mention. Joe, do you desire that position? I know you won't respond here in this thread, and you better not! You can PM me.

• Members

I know what you mean about the AGF. I got in trouble several times for apparently violating the "be nice" rule. When I am stating a proven, I do just that. I don't talk down to the other individual, nor do I sugar coat it. Sorry, but I'm not going to sugarcoat a fact for someone likely twice my age just because they might get upset that a proven fact conflicts with their perception.

Another thing that rubbed me the wrong way was one (or perhaps several) of the mods would add "Imho" to the beginning of some of my posts, in the interest of being more "diplomatic". Including the one where I was stating Newton's laws of motion. I have to admit I had to chuckle at the concept of basic physics being just "my opinion".

• Members

Oddly and quite unexpectedly, I have no PM. This is unacceptable. I'm thinking you don't love me anymore. We had a wonderful PM relationship a year or so ago, but... I haven't heard a peep in a very long time. Do you hate me? I don't think I can take that. Well... yes, I can, but I don't think that's it.

So, how's Fretfiend doin'? C'mon dude/dudette, how's it hangin?

Archived