Martin X series guitars

mark theriac

• Members

I have an all black 00CXAE. I never thought I'd ever ask for a gnome's nod to HPL but let's say I'm all for sustainability at this point. It's got a decent stage presence with the Fishman onboards. Otherwise, for a very thin body I can't deny the unplugged volume and balance it has. This would be a perfect busking guitar with a battery powered amp. I bought it for bar gigging at a bygone venue and now I have little use for it.

• Members
I have an all black 00CXAE. I never thought I'd ever ask for a gnome's nod to HPL but let's say I'm all for sustainability at this point. It's got a decent stage presence with the Fishman onboards. Otherwise, for a very thin body I can't deny the unplugged volume and balance it has. This would be a perfect busking guitar with a battery powered amp. I bought it for bar gigging at a bygone venue and now I have little use for it.

I never owned one but I recall a few times seeing one with a "java mahogany" mural glued to the back and sides and thought it would make a passable travel guitar. It certainly sounds fuller than those parlor sized guitars that were all the rage before the GS Mini came out. Yours has the blonde stratabond neck too, correct?

Archived