No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Terry Allen Hall?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Terry Allen Hall?

Is it true? Is Terry really gone? Just got an alert to this on fb.
    In the understory
    I can't see the forest
    For the branches and the leaves
    But I believe
    I do believe
    by me:

www.box.com

"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn."
    Charlie Parker

Terry Allan Hall
    3 hrs ·

NOTE: Terry Allan Hall passed away April 17th, 2014. On his behalf, let me thank everyone for your love, friendship and kindness towards him. While I don't really wish to go into details about his final hours, I can at least reassure everyone that it was not slow, he went very quickly and seemingly painlessly. Thank you again for everything.
    Sincerely,
    Georgia Hall and Emaleigh Katelyn Hall

Like · · Share

In the understory
    I can't see the forest
    For the branches and the leaves
    But I believe
    I do believe
    by me:

www.box.com

"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn."
    Charlie Parker

Comment

This is indeed sad news. Terry was a man of deep convictions who was outspoken in his opinions and beliefs and was known to stir the pot many times in debates. That being said, he was also a man with a good heart who was above all kind and generous and I never doubted his integrity. In all things he was very much a friend to many of us and I will miss his wit and his kindness.

I'm not sure how to express my condolences to those who were closest to him given that my religious beliefs and his were different but I will remember him with fondness and hope that for them with his memory comes peace and (however bittersweet it may be no so close to his passing) ultimately happiness.
      Gear:
      2013 Official Luthier's Forum Medium Jumbo (Western red cedar/mahogany)
      2012 McKnight McUke (soprano ukulele, redwood/mahogany)
      2010 Martin D-16GT
      2006 Larrivee OM-03R
      1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (natural ash finish)
      1989 Kramer Stryker
      197? Epiphone Texan FT-160N

Comment

I am saddened by this news.
        My sincere condolences to the family.
        TAH & I were both former peace corps volunteers.
        RIP, friend.
        obit

Comment

Wow! So young too! Very sad.
          Bob.
          Martin HD35 | Gibson J45tv | Taylor DN3 | Guild GAD25 | Taylor Baby | Yamaha FG413SBD | Yamaha FG200

Comment

I saw this elsewhere, and am in shock. My condolences to his family, and my thanks for all he gave us in these forums.

Comment

Although I never met Terry, I considered him my friend. I'll miss him.

Comment

Shocked. I heard about it over at Mark Wein's. As I had said there I think he's one of my very earliest memories of internet guitar forums at all, circa 1996 or so when Harmony Central wasn't even the "Barney Barn" yet, it was when it was pre-BB and I think one of his messages is posted in a really old printout I have from there. RIP Mr. Hall.

Comment

Travel well old friend...
                  my p0asting days were numb bird... now im done... bye.

Comment

RIP Terry. May the wings of bliss carry you away to a better place.

Comment

I'm shocked and saddened. He was writing here just a few days ago... jeez.

I never met Terry, but (here) had a strong sense of a good person who I would have liked to know. I loved his "signature" legends over the years! And who else would make a Ronald Coleman movie into a puzzle reference about a homemade percussion stomp pedal?

I wish I knew more about his life. If anyone knows more about him, or can link to a obituary ( ), please let me know.

Comment

I will remember his love of Jumbos ... particularly Guilds.

Bob.
                        Martin HD35 | Gibson J45tv | Taylor DN3 | Guild GAD25 | Taylor Baby | Yamaha FG413SBD | Yamaha FG200

Comment

... what?

Seriously?

May the light lead you and the shadows fall at your heels.

Damn
                          Hello, I am KuJoZilla, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Merry Melodies

Comment

I too am shocked and saddened. We just emailed each other a few days ago. RIP Terry.
                            Never trust anyone who has to say "Believe me" at the end of a sentence.

Comment

This is indeed sad news. He has been around here forever. Rest well TAH. Rest well ...
                              Keeping the Harmony at Harmony Central

Comment

Working...
                              X