good quality small amp

vetstudent

• Members

I was just wondering if any of you had any suggestions for a good practice amp... Well it really wouldn't be a practice for me. I really want something to use with my Martin D-15. I've been trying to learn some finger style and it's not very loud. I do not preform for people in less you count my family in the living room (very easy to impress which is great!)

I really care nothing about volume. I'll never need anything that is very loud. I might use a mic on the guitar or I might use a clip on pick-up (don't have one yet so suggestions there would be good too). My only concern is decent sound quality. I don't care about affects because only an acoustic will be played on it.

My bugget is pretty low (I mean less than $100 if possible) I'll pay more IF I NEED to. I am definately one that will spend more if I have to.

Any suggestions would be great

Oh yeah the bugget was for the amp only. The pick-up is whole other story!

Thanks!

Brent:D

• Members

Ibanez has a small acoustic amp that sounds decent for around $100. IBZ10A It list for $119 I think. Several online music stores have them for around $90. This is the description from one vender.

Amplify your acoustic for a bargain price!

This little gem gives you 10W of power, switchable chorus with depth control, 3-band EQ, and a headphone out. Open-back cab design and 6" speaker.

• Members

Well, a martin D-15 should be loud enough for your living room. I have a Gibson L20 that is a small body flattop and it is loud enough in any room of my home. I don't even use an amp when I play at our friday nite jam sessions and the room is 15'X20' where we play. If you are set on getting an amp try some of the pawn shops for a small amp.

• Members

Bass practice amps work pretty well for a guitar. I used to have a Crate BX15 (or something like that) that I gave $20.00 for. The bass amps have more of a flat response and you can get a pretty good acoustic sound...plus they usually have a headphone out and line out.

Archived