How about a 12-fret dreadnought?

Cams

• Members

Further to my being smitten by Brook guitars, I'm wondering, if I were to buy one, which I would choose. I was particularly taken by their dreadnought (the Teign) due to its low-end and that got me wondering about how a shorter scale 12-fret would compare to the more usual 14-fret.

Anyone care to chip in with some thoughts? I'm not after volume, rather a sort of all rounder with some good bass that's easy to play.

Their Taw model (OM) also had some nice bass, and I'm sure their medium jumbo model (Tamar) would be a candidate too but I've not had the opportunity to try one.

Anyway, just wondering about 12-fret dreads.

Cams

• Members

Originally posted by guitarcapo

12 fret dreads I've played sound a lot like Jumbo guitars. (Gibson J200, Guild JF55, etc....They make you look thinner on stage though.....
:)

WooHoo!! Just what I wanted to hear! The reason being that the purchase will be funded by a sale of my Gibson J-150 - it's not definite yet, but if I could get a something with Brook's build quality, ease of play, and a bit of the jumbo rumble, I would do it in a heartbeat. Time to start discussions with Simon @ Brook I think!

:D

• Members

I picked up one(D15-S) from the "infamous" Musician's Friend holiday sale last year at this time. Absolutely the best $549.99 I've ever spent!The tone quality of this guitar sure makes it hard to justify the extra bucks it would take to get a D-18VS or a CEO-5...anyway who said guitar purchases had to be justified...;)

Al

Archived