Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arthritis

I'm starting to get arthritis in by fingers

Any suggestions from others with this afliction?

I hate getting old

Well maybe you shoulda layed off the acid

Try Bayer!
    <div class="signaturecontainer">She was like, &quot;I hate my job! Im gonna burn this mother down!&quot; And I was like, &quot;You better not, You better not.&quot; <br />
    <br />
    &quot;What happened to you pants Joe?&quot;... &quot;Oh, I took em off so I could run faster out of the flames, so yea...well i gotta go.&quot;</div>

Comment

Take another Hit ......... Of Fresh air

I also am an Ole' Hippy and I'll Die that way....Thank You

Oh about the fingers I too have that problem....
      I use a linement Called "Bigielows oil"

they use it on Million Dollar Race Horses and it Works Great...
      Hey if it's good for them,
      Why Not ....Now I'm not worth that much

I Know ...but it does work
      can be found at any Tack and Feed Store/Shop in your area ...

Or Smoke some More Pot
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Blue">&quot;It's all about the Journey&quot;<br />
      <br />
      SteveO</font><br />
      <font color="DarkOrchid"><font size="2"><br />
      &quot; Ain't Go'n Down That Road Feel'n Bad No Mo&quot; <br />
      </font></font></div>

Comment

Yeah..see a doctor.
        I'm taking "Lodine," or "Etodolac, the generic equivalent.
        But, it's a prescription anti-inflammatory.
        I can without hesitation say that a good doctor will help you much more than gathering information on a message board, but I got some pretty good info from message boards also.
        I had "chicken claws" in the middle of the night, and it would wake me up. Scared the hell out of me. Additionally, arthritis doesn't just affect your fingers, usually. I was having sharp pains on my right hip, and just about had my leg buckle involuntarily. Since I've been taking the anti-inflammatory, I really don't have much of a problem.
        I'm also taking a combination of Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM. I could give you links, but just put 'em into google and go crazy if you're interested. Natural supplements, there is good evidence that the soft cushioning tissue in the joints can be enhanced by using these things. At minimum, they help provide further deterioration of the joints.
        Get with it, acid tester, you ain't gettin' any younger, and there's no time like the present. save what you got as long as you can.
        The knuckles on my little fingers are so permanently swollen now that a couple of years ago I decided that if I wanted to be able to make music as I age further, I might want to take up slide guitar and lap steel, if that makes any sense. I'm glad I did, but I'm still hanging in there on guitar, because of the meds and supplements.

Oh..and SteveO; I'll try that stuff!

Comment

Man good tips and that stuff helps a few of my friends too. I also think a little Asperin helps (seems to) and also just laying off until those joints calm down. Mine has not gotten bad yet but the signs of getting old are already knocking on the door already at 40. All those nasty vibratos and bends are coming back to haunt me from younger days

My friends say get used to it. Life comes with some pain but I am not sure laying off competely helps either.

I still learning about this also...

Comment

Originally posted by acid tester
            I'm starting to get arthritis in by fingers

Any suggestions from others with this afliction?

I hate getting old

Osteo or rheumatoid?
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="indigo">Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. </font><br />
            <font color="darkblue">Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. </font><br />
            <font color="blue">It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.</font><br />
            <font color="royalblue">I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.</font><br />
            <font color="skyblue">One large difference between science and religion is this: In science, if the facts don’t fit the theory, the theory is tossed out. In religion, if the facts don’t fit the theory, the facts are tossed out.</font> <br />
            <font color="red">HCGB draft-dodger</font><br />
            </font></div>

Comment

Hey Guys I went and check out my Stuff and Edited my post I spelled the stuff wrong ....I corrected it

it is Bigielow oil ...
              Hey the stuff has a Slight smell to it ..Not Bad or Foo~Fooy
              just a little like the Ranch~ RaceTrack... kinda Manley

Hey it smells better than that Chaps stuff or Stetson for Men

and it Helps me.....
              Like I said before if it's good enough for them.......
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Blue">&quot;It's all about the Journey&quot;<br />
              <br />
              SteveO</font><br />
              </font></font></div>

Comment

I have a perscription for Celebrex, which helps. When I have more serious pain I use extra strength Tylenol. Yes, getting old does indeed suck.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;I signed up for a speed reading course. It was over before I got there&quot;</div>

Comment

Originally posted by PapaTom
                  ... Yes, getting old does indeed suck.

It sure as hell beats the alternative!
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="indigo">Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. </font><br />
                  <font color="darkblue">Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. </font><br />
                  <font color="blue">It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.</font><br />
                  <font color="royalblue">I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.</font><br />
                  <font color="skyblue">One large difference between science and religion is this: In science, if the facts don’t fit the theory, the theory is tossed out. In religion, if the facts don’t fit the theory, the facts are tossed out.</font> <br />
                  <font color="red">HCGB draft-dodger</font><br />
                  </font></div>

Comment

I wrote a song....well kinda.It's the same thing as Clapton's Cocaine except instead of cocaine, it get's switched out for "novacaine" and some of the words were changed around/Sort of a parody to people who grew up in the hippy era and people who are getting old.When you wanna get down,you fall down on the ground, Novacaine....stuff like that.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">WANTED: more geetars<br />
                    <br />
                    1974 Martin D-35 (not for sale anymore and never will be)<br />
                    2000 Fender 50s Strat <br />
                    2003 Gibson Les Paul Classic<br />
                    2003 Custom Shop Tele<br />
                    -------------------------------------<br />
                    2002 Fender Cyber Twin 2x12<br />
                    2003 Ultrasound AG-30 1x12</div>

Comment

I'm 30, and I have arthritis in both of my knees (especially the right one) and in my right wrist. The knees are congenital--my sticks aren't built right, I guess. The wrist is from YEARS of bartending--flipping bottles, generally showing off--and, you guessed it, playing guitar.

The glucosamine - chondroitin supplements are awesome. I can DEFINITELY tell a difference when I'm taking them.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Igor, fetch me a string tree!<br />
                      'Yeth, mawthter!'</div>

Comment

I would suggest acupuncture. Between acupuncture and herbs you can be playing pain free or at least with a big reduction in pain. I know you will here advice on this forum that it does not work and not to waste your time, but its one of the best natural treatments for pain. Its the fastest growing field in alternative care, because it works try it. Thats my opinion, but I would advise seeing your MD to discuss different treatment options.

Comment

When my wife worked at a health food store they always recommended alfalfa tabs....and I don't know if they work.....Good luck. I have bersitis in my shoulder and it sucks....
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">_______________________ _____________<br />
                          Originally posted by gtrbass.....<br />
                          <br />
                          I'm such a big fan of ME that I signed myself to an exclusive 7 album deal. Of course since I'm both the artist and the label, I promised myself the world up front and then I totally screwed ME in the fine print of the contract. I'll never see sh*t as the artist, but I'm gonna make a killing as the label...._______<br />
                          <br />
                          <br />
                          <a href="http://www.myspace.com/strangerbytheminute" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/strangerbytheminute</a></div>

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwatch
                            When my wife worked at a health food store they always recommended alfalfa tabs....and I don't know if they work.....Good luck. I have bersitis in my shoulder and it sucks....

I used to feed those things to my Mule and Horse They loved them buggers.......
                            <br />
                            SteveO</font><br />
                            </font></font></div>

Comment

I too am afflicted with arthritis (fingers and knees). I have been taking Cosamin DS- Double Strengh capsules. I still have twinges of pain that I have learned to live with, but I still have the mobility of my fingers.

Good luck!

Louis
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">You have got to be kidding!</div>

Comment

Working...
                              X