Getting ready for another gig this Sunday and beyond...

Greg Bogoshian

• Members

Just got back from another rehearsal and from our prison REC (retreat) this past weekend. Played and sang my brains out! All this work has really shown in my playing, I think. I have been much more comfortable playing in any setting.

This Sunday, I'll be accompanying The Irondequoit Chorale choral group with my Cobalt C980 on a Thanksgiving themed medley and then Circle of Friends will be playing a few pieces for the audience of around 600 or so. With COF, I will be playing the Cobalt, the Frankenwashburn, and percussion... Rehearsal went amazingly smooth tonight! All this work is finally starting to pay off! Now, if I only didn't need my 13 hour/day day job... I'm falling down tired!

After this, we will be gearing up for one of the biggest coffee houses in the city where we will be playing at least the entire Colors of Christmas CD collection and probably more. That event is December 6th. It is getting now to where we actually have to turn down gigs because everyone seems to want us at the same time! From humble beginnings... Who'da thunk it?! Peace, all! Boggs

• Members

Originally posted by Greg Bogoshian

I wish you could be there as well because You'd be playin' too!
:)
Boggs

Well Boggs, let me just tell you something. If Circle of Friends intends on playing with the awesome musical abilities and heart and soul I'm hearing on your Christmas CD, I will respectfully decline your invitation to play at the coffee house as the thought of receiving a musical butt whoopin' in front of a bunch folks all tanked up on caffe lattes is not my idea of holiday fun.

• Members

Originally posted by orsino

Well Boggs, let me just tell you something. If Circle of Friends intends on playing with the awesome musical abilities and heart and soul I'm hearing on your Christmas CD, I will respectfully decline your invitation to play at the coffee house as the thought of receiving a musical butt whoopin' in front of a bunch folks all tanked up on caffe lattes is not my idea of holiday fun.

Orsino, I've heard your work... No problem keepin' up with us old farts!! :D Well, not ALL of us are old... Me for sure though! Besides, I think you know without question that you would be welcomed with open arms and you would fit in perfectly! You are just too humble to admit it... I know for a fact that there a LOT of things you could teach me, so THERE! :p

• Members

Originally posted by dgpratt

Hey Boggs-

I'm in Rochester too and would love to check you guys out live. Where is the coffee house that you're doing?

Thanks,

-Dave.

COOL! :) The coffee house will be at the Webster United Methodist Church right on Main Street (old Ridge Road) in Webster just a bit east of 4 corners there on the south side of the road. We also play the 2nd Sunday of the month at Covenant United Methodist Church at the service which starts at 11:00. Covenant is located at Culver and Parselles. Feel free to e-mail me at home at boggsplace@yahoo.com this week as I am off work this week and catch me at greg.bogoshian@usa.xerox.com after this week. John at The Music Store in Webster has our CDs there and may have more info on the coffee house since it is practically across the street from him. Thanks for asking! Boggs

Archived