Paul Simon

Squaysh

• Members

When I listen to old S+G music, it makes me melt. I don't want to get all "girlie-man" about it, but Sounds of Silence, The Boxer, Homeward Bound and especially Scarborough Fair nearly make me weepy like a little school girl every time I listen to them.

• Members

Simon and Garfunkel was the soundtrack to my first lovemaking, with the girl who was the love of my life. The first Christmas after Kathy and I broke up, my mom gave me a songbook for Simon and Garfunkels greatest hits. It tore me up. I wasn't fond of Christmas for quite a while. But I always did, and always will love their music (and Kathy).

• Members

I grew up listening to Live at Central Park. They had the distinct advantage there of having other great musicians playing with them. Their studio albums are littered with lackluster performances by subpar studio musicians and the occasional bizarre arrangement. For this gig they had Richard Tee, Anthony Jackson, Grady Tate, and STEVE GADD (!!) for their rhythm section. You simply cannot find a classier foursome to back up a pop group. Outstanding.

• Members

I once knew how to play the opening chords to 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover. That's musical genius on a jazz level. I'm scared to death Puff Daddy is going to sample that intro and rap over the top of it. If that happens....well I can't be held responsible for my actions.

Archived