Newtone Strings

EvilHippy

• Members

I was just wondering about Newtones...I hear a lot of praises about the strings and I have heard that they will make you custom sets of strings to your specs and was wondering what your experience is with the company and their strings.I'm just curious...i'd like to try some out.Do they have a website, i'm gonna run a Google search on the company.~EH

• Members

Very fat sounding in my opinion. They also do not have brassy sound when new. You also have to wind them to full tension before clipping and they might not be for everyone but they are pretty awesome in my book. Also the core is round is the biggest difference to me. Check out the info on them. Order some through www.guitargal.com

Mike Crixell had me install these on several guitars at the jam including guitars with brand new Elixirs and many other brands in most cases the result from everyone was wow. The 80/20s also seemed to bring some guitars out of the blankets. You might want to order a few packs of both kinds before you order a full supply. If you dont like them let me know and I need some of the PB lights I would buy them off you if you did not like them.

• Members

I started using Newtones a month or so ago on my Larrivees and I'm sold. About the only decision left to make is how I feel about the drop-tune sets. My LJ is strictly an open/alternate tuning guitar and I've used a couple of DT sets on it. They are fine, but there's something about the feel I don't like as much as the regualr PB's. Next string change I'm going to put a set of 12-54's (Newtone's "custom") on it.

For the standard tuned OM, I'm using the med/light PB's (12-52) and loving them. The sound awesome and last very well. If you buy 6 or more sets from Guitar Gallery, you can get them for aobut $7 a set - so they aren't expensive either.

Ken

Archived