No announcement yet.

What is a FENDER AVALON?!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a FENDER AVALON?!

Hey do you guys know anything about this guitar. There does not seem to be a whole lot of info on it on the web.

Any info is appreciated.

I am getting the feeling that it was some sort of junky, cheapo, Fender release.

buymp

Comment

I saw one last night in the movie "Starsky and Hutch" ...

Comment

gosh - it looks like they bolted one of their electric necks on!
        Gear:
        2013 Official Luthier's Forum Medium Jumbo (Western red cedar/mahogany)
        2012 McKnight McUke (soprano ukulele, redwood/mahogany)
        2010 Martin D-16GT
        2006 Larrivee OM-03R
        1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (natural ash finish)
        1989 Kramer Stryker
        197? Epiphone Texan FT-160N

Comment

On CMT there was a quick clip of Buck Owens playing a Fender acoustic with a telecaster neck !

Comment

I think that was part of the "California series" put out in the late 70's early 80's. They had names like Malibu, etc. A few were actually made in California, but then production was moved to Japan. Not really bad guitars. Usually go for about $150-250 in stores and on the bay. Laminated, of course. I have an old F-65 from that era. It is really a fun guitar, sort of like a poor man's D-28. Great for campfires near the beach, or ski lodge.

Comment

The Fender Avalon acoustic guitar was sold at the time for around $350. They're very hard to come by.
              There's a few used ones in the market ranging from $175-$300.
              Last one found in craigslist and EBay.

Comment

So, are you from that region of Iberia or are you spiritually steeped in it's mythology? If the latter, which of the middle earth creatures do you have an affinity for? I always find regional lore most interesting of the inhabitants.
                Last edited by Idunno; 12-14-2014, 03:44 PM.
                “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.”
                John Adams, The Works Of John Adams, Second President Of The United States

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace in a continual state of alarm (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing them with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”
                H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
                X