Best Strings For Martin D-1

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Strings For Martin D-1

Hi Everybody,
    I just wanted to ask what gauge strings should i buy becouse its time for a new set of strings on my guitar. should i pot lightmedium what is better for the guitar ?.
    Thanks in advance .
    My Guitars
    ---------------
    Takamine EN10-12 (2001)
    Martin D-1 (2003)
    No Name Guitar (1980)

Robert Johnson And I Have The Same Birthday 8th Of May .

Your guitar will handle mediums just fine. It comes with mediums installed from the factory. Its just a matter of what you feel most comfortable playing with. Lights tend to be a little easier on the fingers sometimes.

Jeff

Comment

When I had my D 1 I used 12's, which I think were light, because they were easier on my fingers and I bend the strings a lot. I also thought the guitar sounded best with Elixier nanowebs. Congrats on a great guitar.

Comment

Fstpicker, your defenetly right i made a mistake and pot light strings but no harm done just the next time i will buy strings I'll buy mediums (is that 0.13 ?), the fact is that i didnt know how much different strings can effect a guitar, ok, now its easer to play but the guitar lost half of the volume it had and the bassy boom of the dread has become much more balanced (like a smaller guitar), and i loved that boom of bass that only martin sound of the warm bass , ohh well i will just have to play the living **************** out of the guitar that i will have an excuse for going to buy Mediums .

rh2d, yhea i bought the lights and i didnt like them, ok you can only learn from mistakes, nothing happend, and yes its a very nice guitar and i LOVE it .
        My Guitars
        ---------------
        Takamine EN10-12 (2001)
        Martin D-1 (2003)
        No Name Guitar (1980)

Comment

Regular old Martin Marqis strings sound great to me. I prefer a .12 set, but I usually play smaller bodied guitars, too, so I don't need as much tension and weight to really get the top vibrating.
          "The wisest man I ever knew taught me something I never forgot. And although I never forgot it, I never quite memorized it either. So what I'm left with is the memory of having learned something very wise that I can't quite remember." -- George Carlin

--Member of The Reasonable Fellers Union, established 7/20/04--

Be kind.

Comment

next i will buy i think it will be mediums becouse i got used to their big sound allready, i only got mixed up becouse I didnt know what strings came with my guitar, so now i know its mediums are the strings 0.13 in mediums ? .
            My Guitars
            ---------------
            Takamine EN10-12 (2001)
            Martin D-1 (2003)
            No Name Guitar (1980)

Comment

Working...
            X