Strings on a Takamine

Hopeless Romantic

• Members

What size strings normally come on Takamine guitars you purchase them? I like the guage and don't want to mess with neck tension by putting a different size on them. Therefore, I wanted to get the same size. Does anyone know what they put on their guitars in the factory?

What is a good brand of strings for an acoustic? I think the guitar came with elixers but they seem rather expensive and some of the reviews at Musicians Friend said they break easily. What do you recommend?

• Members

usually they come with acoustic lights. 12-53 or 12-52 gauge. somewhere along in there.

as for which strings that is all a matter of personal preference. there is no way to find out what you like best unless you spend some money and try out different sets.

• Members

Originally posted by seven7

usually they come with acoustic lights. 12-53 or 12-52 gauge. somewhere along in there.

as for which strings that is all a matter of personal preference. there is no way to find out what you like best unless you spend some money and try out different sets.

yeah, I figured that, I like the strings that are on it, I have had no problems with them breaking but I also cannot afford to spend tons of money on strings if they do regularly. Does anyone on here have issues with Elixers breaking a lot?

Archived