FREE VIDEO TABS - House Rising Sun Lesson Fingerstyle Beginner

LittleBrother

• Members

Note: This free lesson will eventually be listed with all my other free lessons on my site at http://littlebrother.nlpd.com . I also usually have a free lesson in every edition of APM

Hi Players,

I recently reviewed one of David Hodge's lessons over on guitar noise site HERE and it reminded me so much of how this song is such a useful learning tool. We all learned this one if you grew up in the 60s and 70s. It uses very simple chords and you can not only strum along or pick the notes with a regular flatpick or plectrum but you can also fingerstyle this one. Rick-Slo's recent "SCAMP" free lesson on the AcousticPlayerMagazine forum is another great example of this fingerstyle arpeggio technique. A great chops builder even beginners can get their hands around and enjoy.

I have prepared some tablature below but you can also download the actual TEF files and play them in your free http://www.TABLEDIT.com program for mac or pc. You can then play along with it over and over at any tempo. But of course you can also watch my two free videos below and refer to the tab images.

Heads up. I appreciate your kudos and feedback which is helpful but what I really want to see is more interaction among people helping each other and posting progress reports, trouble areas etc. We are trying to build a community based on these principles at APM and I hope some of you will take a more active roll in helping others, posting and taking part. You DO NOT have to be a guitar expert to do this. You just have to be willing to try. If you find mistakes let me know. This is not 100% note for note with the original Animals version.

Thanks and have fun,

LB

TABS1 - DOWNLOAD TABLEDIT TEF FILE FOR THE BEGINNER VERSION 1

VIDEO1 -DOWNLOAD OR PLAY THE VIDEO TEACHING THE BEG. VERSION 1

TABS2 - DOWNLOAD TABLEDIT TEF FILE FOR THE ADVANCED VERSION 2

VIDEO2 - DOWNLOAD OR PLAY THE VIDEO TEACHING THE ADV. VERSION 2

The chords as fretted from string 6 to string 1 left to right

houserisingsun-adv.jpg

Archived