X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alvarez Yairi vs. Larrivee

In terms of quality, tone, and playability, how do these compare? I was looking into the lower-level Larrivees such as the D-03RE and LV-03RE and then The AY's I was looking into were the WY1, DY84C, and DY62C.

Anyone know anything about these brands and or particular models?

Own a DY-84M, I love it. Never played a Larrivee no dealers around here.

Comment

I've never played a Yairi, but the Larry L-03 (mahogany) and OM-03R (rosewood) are both sweet guitars!
      Cornelius Clodhopper

Comment

There's really know way to compare the 2 sonce they are both high quality guitars and tone is so subjective. The only big difference for many folks is the Larry is all-solid and the Yairis you mention have laminate sides & backs.

I've owned 2 Yairis in the past and they were superb guitars that I wish I never let go. I was bitten but the all-solid bug and traded 1 and sold the other. Big mistake. Yairi builds very nice guitars. You'll have to play them all and judge for yourself.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font color="#008000">U</font><font color="#000000">S</font><font color="#804040">M</font><font color="#004040">C</font> <font color="#804000">R</font><font color="#000000">E</font><font color="#008000">T</font><font color="#000000">I</font><font color="#004040">R</font><font color="#804000">E</font><font color="#000000">D</font></b><br />
        <br />
        1997 Tacoma PM20<br />
        2003 Tacoma CM28C Chief<br />
        2004 Tacoma EMM30 Forum Guitar<br />
        2005 Tacoma DM28<br />
        <br />
        <a href="http://www.tacomaguitarforum.com" target="_blank">Unofficial Tacoma Guitar Forum</a></div>

Comment

Working...
        X