Anyone Ever Play a Takamine EG501s?

zyx345

• Members

I played one at GC. It sounded great to me. Although I liked the EAN-10C with the Cedar top, my wife bought it for me for Christmas. Sounds great unplugged and plugged in, although I only play it unplugged at home.

My take on Takamine is that they sound Warm. I love the way Taylor's feel but too trebly for unplugged, for my tastes.

I grew up playing Martin's and Fenders, mostly because I lived 20 minutes from the Martin Factory and many of my friends had a parent that worked there and had a Martin. But they never felt quite right to me.

• 11 years later...
  • Members

These guitars aren't made anymore. But if you can find one, they are great guitars!, especially for fingerstyle, or classical crossovers. It's small and tidy to play, has low action, and is an orchestra model sized guitar. It's easy to play, for a steel string. the e and a string provide marvelous and popping bass support for the mids and trebles.(it sounds like a harmony sovereign, with bass! just great tone.) The electronics are flawless(produces NO amplifier buzz!).The thing has a rather heavy coat of lacquer on it, but the solid spruce top kicks anyway It rings right through this. Takamine must know their braces!.Has beautiful 'zebra' wood' (like a cross between mahogany, and brazilian, sound-wise) for back and sides, laminate. Super strong and a loud reflector played unplugged! Just great, fpr a factory guitar!

Archived