Takamine EG562C... any info on this unit?

alphasports

• Members

I have been looking at a used EG562C thinline nylon cutaway for awhile now. Very cool little guitar that I just want to hack around on and learn nylon a bit better. Anyone have any experiences with this axe? Not much available on Google...

• Members

Tak's FXC body style, a bit on the small side but I like 'em!

I believe that particular model has laminated back sides AND top!

if that bothers you at all, for a beginner nylon string just to bang around on, I'll bet it's just fine, and pretty good looking little axe too!

your question is the first time I've researched these, now I'm interested:) thanks!

• Members

Yeah it's a fun little unit. I've played one quite a bit in the shop. Quite weak in the Acoustic Output Dept because the body is only about 2.5 inches deep, and the EQ is volume-only, but plugged in and routed thru my little Pandora PX4 FX unit it'll probably sound like anything I want. There's a private used one available locally but I just bought 2 guitars in the past 2 weeks and need to face up to my addiction. Just one more............................

• Members

I see you've already got Yamaha's silent nylon, how's that working out? I would think that might suit your needs, but then again - YOU ARE ADDICTED !!

there's nothing wrong with that, accumulate as many axes as you can,

enjoy yer addiction, in fact, revel in it, you only go 'round once

• Members

I'm glad someone supports my addiction. Support groups are an important form of therapy!

The Silent Series is pretty cool. I travel a bunch so it comes in pretty handy, and it is the only "travel" axe I've come across that is actually a "real" guitar. My Backpacker Electric, to be blunt, was utterly unuseable (form factor is frankly bizarre) and sounded horrific, and the other portables all seem to have their own issues. Because the Yamaha is fully electric it is what it is and nothing more. I route it thru my PX4 and it sounds great. I almost went for a Washburn Rover; sounds better than the Martin and comes with a very nice hard travel case, but because it's acoustic with a tiny box it still had that banjo sound .

Archived