Parkwood PW320M Mini Review

Rada

• Members

Here are some crappy pics I took with my RAZR because I can't find my digital cam anywhere!

94072460_299053316_0.jpg

94072278_299052706_0.jpg

94072142_299052264_0.jpg

94071866_299051312_0.jpg

94071672_299050674_0.jpg

94071425_299049852_0.jpg

94071264_299049313_0.jpg

The guitar has great tone, very comfortable neck and body....very easy to play....solid overall construction minus having a crappy bridge!

When I changed the strings the bridge pins were nearly impossible to pull out and once I did they took quite a bit of the bridge with it (several little pieces of wood came off) and the pins were even harder to put back in....very upsetting

All in all a very nice guitar to live out my fantasies of John Mayer style playing :o

Oh yeah...I've decided to call her Madison :o :o

• Members

Great looking guitar. Very nice. Umm...you don't have to drill out the bridge pins you know. Bad joke but so are little bits of wood when there shouldn't be any. Nor should there be excessive resistance when replacing the pins. Sounds like something has shifted. I'd make a call to the dealer immediately at let them look at it.

• Members

Originally posted by Sweb

Great looking guitar. Very nice. Umm...you don't have to drill out the bridge pins you know. Bad joke but so are little bits of wood when there shouldn't be any. Nor should there be excessive resistance when replacing the pins. Sounds like something has shifted. I'd make a call to the dealer immediately at let them look at it.

It's Guitar Center :(

Like they're going to do anything....:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by Rada

It's Guitar Center
:(

Like they're going to do anything....
:mad:

Are you kidding? They will let you exchange it without a single problem. That's the best thing about Guitar Center.

• Members

Originally posted by Hudman

Are you kidding? They will let you exchange it without a single problem. That's the best thing about Guitar Center.

Let me see if I can find the receipt! :o

• Members

Originally posted by Rada

Let me see if I can find the receipt!
:o

Cool.

Oh yeah, nice looking guitar. I played a Parkwood a couple weeks ago and was very impressed with it. It's an amazing guitar for the money.

Are you still getting the Taylor 12 string?

• Members

I was at GC today playing several guitars, I played the Parkwood Dreads and they sounded dead(strings) real nice fretwork though. They had one OM, Really nice, great fretwork, the strings were not oxidized, nice guitar for $495. Is your top gloss, it looks like it in the pic, all of these were satin.

Man, what a collection of guitars, beautiful used Taylor 414 ( no electronics), love that size, great tone and easy as pie to play, only problem($1200) The D-41 was real nice, Martin doesn't seem to be paying as much attention to it's fretwork. I like seeing the T in the fretboard, even Blueridge does that.

The surprise was the guitar I liked best was a Gibson deluxe Singer songwriter(1200)I think, they had 2, plus a cutaway. Man these things had TONE. Great day to be at GC, nobody working the acoustic room, could do what I wanted, used Martin D-28 (68) 3000, new one 2000 .

Another surprise was a solid top guitar called Mitchell, incredible guitar for $149????!?

• Members

Hey, that's a nice looking guitar! Sorry if I missed this in your post, but is that case included or an upsell item from GC? I'd definitely let them (GC) know all about the bridge issue.

BTW - three cheers for your RAZR phone camera - those pictures were not bad at all!!!

:thu:

• Members

Sharp guitar. I got to play a couple of Parkwoods at GC and was very impressed with them.

I actually went to GC with the intention of possibly buying one of their OM's, but then I spotted a Cordoba Gitano gypsy jazz guitar, and that was that.

Archived