Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parkwood PW320M Mini Review

Here are some crappy pics I took with my RAZR because I can't find my digital cam anywhere!

The guitar has great tone, very comfortable neck and body....very easy to play....solid overall construction minus having a crappy bridge!

When I changed the strings the bridge pins were nearly impossible to pull out and once I did they took quite a bit of the bridge with it (several little pieces of wood came off) and the pins were even harder to put back in....very upsetting

All in all a very nice guitar to live out my fantasies of John Mayer style playing

Oh yeah...I've decided to call her Madison

Very Nice!!!!

how about some sound clips?
    Guitars:
    Alvarez - DY62C
    Fender - F-210
    Guild GAD-5N w/D-TAR
    Guild GAD-50 Nat
    Guild GAD-JF30BLD
    Larrivee OM-03
    Seagull - M12

Fishman - Neo-D magnetic pickup
    LRBaggs - M1 magnetic pickup

Godin Exit 22
    Ibanez S570DXQM
    Jackson DKMG Dinky EMG 81 & 85

Gear:
    DrZ - Maz 18 Jr Combo
    Fishman - Loudbox 100
    Rivera - Clubster 45
    Dunlop - ULTEX 1.14 Picks
    Peterson - iStroboSoftware
    V-Picks - Large Rounded 2.75mm

Comment

Great looking guitar. Very nice. Umm...you don't have to drill out the bridge pins you know. Bad joke but so are little bits of wood when there shouldn't be any. Nor should there be excessive resistance when replacing the pins. Sounds like something has shifted. I'd make a call to the dealer immediately at let them look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweb
        Great looking guitar. Very nice. Umm...you don't have to drill out the bridge pins you know. Bad joke but so are little bits of wood when there shouldn't be any. Nor should there be excessive resistance when replacing the pins. Sounds like something has shifted. I'd make a call to the dealer immediately at let them look at it.

It's Guitar Center

Like they're going to do anything....

Comment

Originally posted by Rada

It's Guitar Center

Like they're going to do anything....

Are you kidding? They will let you exchange it without a single problem. That's the best thing about Guitar Center.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudman

Are you kidding? They will let you exchange it without a single problem. That's the best thing about Guitar Center.

Let me see if I can find the receipt!

Comment

Originally posted by Rada

Let me see if I can find the receipt!

Cool.

Oh yeah, nice looking guitar. I played a Parkwood a couple weeks ago and was very impressed with it. It's an amazing guitar for the money.

Are you still getting the Taylor 12 string?

Comment

Originally posted by Hudman

Are you still getting the Taylor 12 string?

I'm tryin'!

Comment

I was at GC today playing several guitars, I played the Parkwood Dreads and they sounded dead(strings) real nice fretwork though. They had one OM, Really nice, great fretwork, the strings were not oxidized, nice guitar for $495. Is your top gloss, it looks like it in the pic, all of these were satin.
                  Man, what a collection of guitars, beautiful used Taylor 414 ( no electronics), love that size, great tone and easy as pie to play, only problem($1200) The D-41 was real nice, Martin doesn't seem to be paying as much attention to it's fretwork. I like seeing the T in the fretboard, even Blueridge does that.
                  The surprise was the guitar I liked best was a Gibson deluxe Singer songwriter(1200)I think, they had 2, plus a cutaway. Man these things had TONE. Great day to be at GC, nobody working the acoustic room, could do what I wanted, used Martin D-28 (68) 3000, new one 2000 .
                  Another surprise was a solid top guitar called Mitchell, incredible guitar for $149????!?
                  Black Alvarez RD20SBlue SnarkWampler Ego Compressor"He That Hath The Son Hath Life, He that hath not the son, Hath not Life" I John 5:12Alvarez Alliance Sr member"He that hath the Son hath Life, He that hath not the Son, hath not Life"1 John 5:12

Comment

Looks really nice, Rada. I hope she does real well for you.
                    1978 T-60 PAF
                    ESP LTD ES1000STBC
                    SST FT Floyd
                    314-CE L7 Blackwood
                    354-CE L7 Blackwood
                    P.O.S. Starfield Guild copy
                    Fender TG-4 travel guitar
                    Charter Member HCBSM
                    Charter Member IKFC
                    IKFC Part II: When Lions Attack

Comment

Very nice looking guitar!
                      Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
                      -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

I have to say, that guitar looks pretty sweet
                        E.R.C.

Comment

Hey, that's a nice looking guitar! Sorry if I missed this in your post, but is that case included or an upsell item from GC? I'd definitely let them (GC) know all about the bridge issue.
                          BTW - three cheers for your RAZR phone camera - those pictures were not bad at all!!!
                          Toys in the attic:an assortment of PRS, Anderson, Mesa and Bogner.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Sharp guitar. I got to play a couple of Parkwoods at GC and was very impressed with them.

I actually went to GC with the intention of possibly buying one of their OM's, but then I spotted a Cordoba Gitano gypsy jazz guitar, and that was that.
                              "The wisest man I ever knew taught me something I never forgot. And although I never forgot it, I never quite memorized it either. So what I'm left with is the memory of having learned something very wise that I can't quite remember." -- George Carlin

--Member of The Reasonable Fellers Union, established 7/20/04--

Be kind.

Comment

Working...
                              X