Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '73 Alvarez 5052

Just came across this guitar on Craigslist. It's a jumbo modeled after the Gibson J-200. Original owner is selling it so you know it's been sitting in a case for years. Wants $500. Anybody know anything about this guitar?

Just came across this guitar on Craigslist. It's a jumbo modeled after the Gibson J-200. Original owner is selling it so you know it's been sitting in a case for years. Wants $500. Anybody know anything about this guitar?

I'm not up on the 5052 but I have an Alvarez (Yairi) 5065 I bought new in the mid-1970s and it was marketed as their Martin D28. Made in Japan. Spriuce top with rosewood sides & back. Sounded and sounds just great. I probably paid 500.00 for it then.

If the 5052 has the Yairi name on the label inside the soundhole it's supoposedly their better line than w/out.
    Henry Posner
    B&H Photo-Video

Comment

I remember having GAS over an Alvarez Dove copy back about the time that guitar was new. I doubt it's a Yairi, just a hunch. If it's not, it probably sold for about $150 new, which is about what that Dove copy was selling for. Use your own judgment.
      Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
      Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
      Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
      Member of the Schecter Society
      Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Here is a alvarez 5037 I just got off ebay. I havent got it yet I was looking for a 12 string and I just fell in love with its shape they called it a eruopean mini jumbo never heard that term before. on the label inside the hole it says artist series anyone know anything about this gem?

Seagull Peppino D Agostino

lucida artista concerto lg 777
        Seagull Maritime Mini Jumbo
        Giannini Craviola
        walden g2070
        walden n-550ce
        alvarez 5037 12 string

Comment

Daaaammmn I like that. I havent seen one but she sure looks great Hows it play?
          The list so far......
          --------------------------------------
          Dean Smartwood 00R 12-fret Slot
          Alvarez AD60CK
          71' Yamaha FG 230-12-string
          61' Harmony Stella Parlour
          Old Seville Nylon S-30
          Epiphone Les Paul w/Burstbucker's
          94' USA Fender Strat+ Deluxe
          Marshall AVT 50 112 Combo
          Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
          Boss Pedal's CS-3,BD-2,PH-2,DM-3,HF-2,GE-7,NF-1,TU-2
          MXR-Wylde Overdrive
          Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience Wha Pedal.

Comment

Working...
          X