The Martin SWOM!

BogoEN

• Members

So I went to my local Martin dealer today, thinking I would pick up the SWD they had in stock. The woman running the shop actually talked me out of buying it before I got my hands on the SWOM, mostly because I expressed an interest in the same sound but for finger style.

And now I discover they only make it with a Gloss Top!!! Not only do I not want the GT, but its 150 more for it anyway...

Anybody know of shops online that might sell the SWOM?

• Members

So I went to my local Martin dealer today, thinking I would pick up the SWD they had in stock. The woman running the shop actually talked me out of buying it before I got my hands on the SWOM, mostly because I expressed an interest in the same sound but for finger style.

And now I discover they only make it with a Gloss Top!!! Not only do I not want the GT, but its 150 more for it anyway...

Anybody know of shops online that might sell the SWOM?

I assume you're looking for the Smartwood OMGT, as opposed to the Smartwood DGT. If so, Maury's appears to have it in stock (though this is probably a special order for most dealers). Maury's is a good online source for Martin. Elderly is another good place, as is Buffalo Brothers.

http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/17231

• Members

The SWOMGT does'nt come with satin finish, GT only.

Now, yes. WHen they started the Smartwood series, both the Dreadnought and OM were satin finish. And ofcourse its cheaper to buy satin finish than gloss top, not to mention I like it more...

Archived