Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use a PraxAx?

Anyone use a PraxAx? I'll be driving a couple of hours a day over the next several months, so I'll have time to kill, but won't be able to use a guitar. I'm trying to learn finger picking.
    One problem I can see is that since I'm left-handed, it won't be as easy to drive one-handed. I hate to spend $50 if it won't be useful.

You're going to do this while driving?
    Musicians are their own worst enemies when it comes to the music business.

Comment

Well, that's a new one on me.

www.twanger.com

But $50?

Comment

Just trying to get something done while driving. Ideally, I'll build some muscle memory. I do that spring hand exerciser with the other hand while driving.

Comment

Wait... I'm not sure this is a great activity to do while you're driving...

Ellen

Comment

Just trying to get something done while driving. Ideally, I'll build some muscle memory. I do that spring hand exerciser with the other hand while driving.

The thing you should be doing while driving is - wait for it - DRIVING!

I'm glad you have your priorities in order. Why concentrate on not killing or maiming your fellow human beings with a 2500lb+ machine traveling at 55 MPH when you could be working on your finger picking technique??

Comment

What route are you taking? I want to be sure and avoid it.

Comment

What I have in mind is simple repetitive exercises. No taking my eyes off the road, hand always near the wheel; considerably less distracting than, say, using a cell phone, putting on makeup or even working the radio--which I assume none of you have ever done.
                I'm so glad I asked this question.

Comment

Here's what he's talking about if anyone doesn't know.

http://www.twanger.com/
                  There is no right not to be offended.

Comment

What I have in mind is simple repetitive exercises. No taking my eyes off the road, hand always near the wheel; considerably less distracting than, say, using a cell phone, putting on makeup or even working the radio--which I assume none of you have ever done.
                    I'm so glad I asked this question.

So other people doing stupid things in their car makes it okay for you to do it.

Comment

I think you're assuming facts not in evidence. I did not intend a debate on driving. I do not do things while driving that are distracting.
                      I still would like to know if anyone has had any experience using a Praxax, www.twanger.com and if it helped in learning to pick.

Comment

Working...
                      X