I need a tuning machine, tuner, tuning head..whatever it's called.

twofoolsaminute

• Members

:idea:
Hey! You could get one of the non-branded units from Stew-Mac and change out the back panel.....
:freak:

That's what I'd do if it was my Martie. Probably cheaper for the same exact tuners without the Martin name stamped on 'em. Nobody's looking at the back of my git anyway and I don't plan to sell it.

• Members

Take it out and measure the shaft diameter and length, as well as any bushings (press fit, screw in, or none) - use a good digital caliper. Go to the Stewmac link given and compare their Spec tabs for different tuners and find something that matches - don't worry about the little mounting screw since they probably will be different. Then replace all six.

Ovation can probably sell you another one with their brand on it but this would be a chance to upgrade. If you want some plain old Grover Rotomatics, I've got a set off my old Martin that I would give away, and I've got a set of Mini-Grovers that I would trade for a beer or two (specs for both will be at the StewMac site).

Last thought is to keep trying here - there have been several broken Ovations discussed on the forum - maybe someone would want to pirate the parts.

• Members

...If you want some plain old Grover Rotomatics, I've got a set off my old Martin that I would give away, .....

Freeman, I yell dibs on those Rotos if Samilyn can use a set of three on a side classical tuners I have that look like the ones in the pic she posted. I've had them earmarked, with the neck, for a project I have in mind but I have another project that needs steel string tuners for a solid head and the project I have in mind for the classical neck can wait.

I've just taken pics and will be uploading to a server to show Samylin and if she can use them I sure could use those you have.

Archived