$5000 to spend...

moctzal

• Members

If you somehow ended up with zero guitars and a $5000 budget to buy any number of guitars, what would you get?

Mine would be:

Taylor GS4e-LTD ($1600)

Martin D-15S ($1000)

(??? $2400)

And after that I'm looking for ideas...so what do you have your eyes on hmm???

• Members

That is many coin tosses. I have spent more money than I should have on scads of 6 and 12 fiddles. Then I turned 180 and spent your $-figure on one and could not be more satisfied. TETO, though, as many are genre/style-focused while others like to wander. I'm fairly focused and the guitar I have, a touch beyond fundamental sound, captures pretty much who I am. So far, it's me-proof.

• Members

I'd die of heart failure if I had $5000 to spend on gits. But dreaming is fun, so here goes:

Martin D12X1: $600

Guild F65ce : $750

I'd spend some of the rest of halfway decent electronic gear to plug the Guild into and some decent mics, etc.

• Members

McPherson 5.0 Bear Claw Sitka/Granadillo for $5200 & pay the difference

Or
go w/your list & for the extra $2400 I would add...

- Larrivee L-10-12 $2399

- Larrivee OM-10FM $2400

- Taylor GS 8 $2098 + rest of the $ for classical lesssons

• Members

Tuff call. The three guitars I would always want in my quiver would be a good 000 or OM, a nice reso and the right 12 string. It would be hard, but possible to get them for that sum. Starting from nothing that would probably be

Martin OM-21
Taylor 355 (I'd look for a used LKSM)
National style 0

Another option would be - lots of spruce and rosewood, a new band saw, time in my shop

• Members

I keep reminding myself that my avarice far exceeds my talent. I have yet to get everything there is to get out of the stable of guitars I already have. But playing the game by the rules, I have to say the Martin D-41. Unbelievable tone, simply stunning. That leaves me 1500.00 which is only a little short of what I would need to get the Taylor GS8. Five thousand one hundred dollars worth of guitar and $500.00 worth of talent to play them with.

• Members

In all honesty
I would take the 5000 and sit on it untill I had 12000
Then when I had 12000 I would call up Breedlove to custom make a Full Koa Custom guitar. Then once I had that I would feel pretty damn good.
I get the point of having a few guitars for I understand tonal/style differences but I also believe you should get the best of the best and then learn how to make the guitar sound as good as it looks. Which would be nothing short of {censored}ing amazing
Just my 2 cents

Archived