casale spanish guitar?

potato4201

• Members

a friend of mine sold me a spanish guitar for 36 bucks,his dad bought it in the 70`s and it pretty much sat in his closet untill a couple days ago when i went over, tuned up the nylons,and it played like a dream.i have never heard this brand and its nowhere to be found on the internet, i was hopeing one of you can point me in the right direction. pics coming, if needed

• Members

a friend of mine sold me a spanish guitar for 36 bucks,his dad bought it in the 70`s and it pretty much sat in his closet untill a couple days ago when i went over, tuned up the nylons,and it played like a dream.i have never heard this brand and its nowhere to be found on the internet, i was hopeing one of you can point me in the right direction. pics coming, if needed

Hello & Welcome

I'm afraid I have never heard of the brand either. Perhaps some-one else can help? Any chance of some photos?

• Members

i`ll post some pics 2morrow when im home,the only thing else i can tell you is that it was made in brazil which ive never seen before from a "Cheap" guitar .serial is 0122 and model name is blank(go figure)

• Members

Sorry to say I haven't heard of that brand, either. However, I'm intrigued by the "Made in Brazil" part. The fact that it's 30+ years old and still plays like a dream says a lot. Perhaps it wasn't as "cheap" as you seem to think?

And $36 is a great price for a git that plays well and sounds good. I have a soft spot for the sweet, mellow sound of nylon.

• 9 years later...
  • Members

I own one since getting it for Christmas during the1970's. My mother liked flamenco music so she was behind getting me it but at the time I was only into Rock. Since then it's only become a more cherished piece and still plays great.

Also as I recall I was told by my music teacher they were hand made and a good deal at the time. They were not considered cheap though.

Archived