Strap Lock Endpin Jack

Vytas

• Members

I have googled and searched and can't find anything about this.

Any guitar strap you buy has a small diameter hole in it. On an acoustic electric with an endpin jack, the strap has to be forced onto the strap button and it barely is on there. I am a bit worried about this. I was thinking of unscrewing the button off the post, putting the strap on the threaded post and screwing the button back on. But as I put on or off the guitar, the button will unscrew itself.

Is there a product that accomodates for both a strap button, a strap lock, and an endpin jack? Or do I have to invent something...

• Members

I have googled and searched and can't find anything about this.

Any guitar strap you buy has a small diameter hole in it. On an acoustic electric with an endpin jack, the strap has to be forced onto the strap button and it barely is on there. I am a bit worried about this. I was thinking of unscrewing the button off the post, putting the strap on the threaded post and screwing the button back on. But as I put on or off the guitar, the button will unscrew itself.

Is there a product that accomodates for both a strap button, a strap lock, and an endpin jack? Or do I have to invent something...

I have this same thing with the endpin jack on my guitar. I thin the idea is that the electric guitar cord jack is supposed to help but what if you want to use the strap unplugged?...

I now see this product by Jim Dunlop that Crab_Cake mentioned....looks good...I'll have to get a few. :thu:

Thanks

• Members

Well, I must admit it looks like a fine little device, but I'm not sure what it does from that picture. A triangular plastic device with a hole in it? Maybe it is the long day of work but I don't get it. How does this work?

• Members

You rotate the tabs and the opening gets bigger. You put it on the button outside your strap, cam it back to a smaller opening and Viola! No more close calls (or worse.) . . .

:cop: Not to be pedantic but a viola is a musical intrument. Voila (pronounced vwa-la) is a French word that means "see," like when it says "lo and behold" in the Bible. A columnist for a local (St. Louis) computing monthly once spelled it "walla" so yours isn't quite the most egregious example I've seen but it's still annoying.

• Members

:cop:
Not to be pedantic but a
viola
is a musical intrument.
Voila
(pronounced vwa-la) is a French word that means "see," like when it says "lo and behold" in the Bible. A columnist for a local (St. Louis) computing monthly once spelled it "walla" so yours isn't quite the most egregious example I've seen but it's still annoying.

Be annoyed if you wish, but that was a joke. :wave:

• 4 months later...
  • Members

:cop:
Not to be pedantic but a
viola
is a musical intrument.
Voila
(pronounced vwa-la) is a French word that means "see," like when it says "lo and behold" in the Bible. A columnist for a local (St. Louis) computing monthly once spelled it "walla" so yours isn't quite the most egregious example I've seen but it's still annoying.

oh--mah--Gawd! hell i'm just stuck on pendantic and ergregious.... you really must be a songwriter dood! :eek: now, give me a song you use those freekin words in........Viola!! muahhahahahahahaha, :facepalm::poke::cop: i am not worthy.....muahahahahahaha:bor:

• Members

Let me tell you this is your lucky day

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=142&pmh=products/accessories

now this is a WONDERFUL product, i have them on all my guitars. Cheap, easy to put on, and it wont break. Trust me get about 30 and you will have no more problems.

This works on your acoustics?

I have a bunch for electrics, but they don't work on any of my acoustics. It just doesn't seem to work with end pins. :idk:

• Members

Another vote for the Strapkeeper. I tried the Dunlop triangle first but it's too small for an endpin jack.

looks like a solid device. but i have no problem with this end. i DO have a strap holder for the front end. when i twist and shout, long ago my geetar always used to come off the front peg.;)