Question about L.R. Baggs Active I Beam

rwe416

• Members

I have an Epiphone Masterbuilt AJ500RCNS. It has the pickup installed by the previous owner. The pickup is the new style with the volume nob. I will be plugging in the guitar through my sound system. I have read alot here and have noticed that most like the LR Baggs active DI or the BBE AcoustiMax. Do I need either of these to help with the sound. We sing Praise and Worship music at churches. By the way, this is for my son. I do good to pick my ear but I would also like to learn the guitar.

• Members

Which would be a better solution for sending through a P.A. the BBE or Baggs DI. Sorry about my post heading. The question is not about the pickup but the external components. I am trying to learn and sometimes the brain is slow to react.

• Members

Opinions again vary, but from reading in the live performance forum... you dont "NEED" either of them if you are plugging direct into a PA system as long as it SOUNDS GOOD to you.

Personally I think it's a good thing to be able to pre your sound levels when you think you may need or want to.

Right now I'm familiarizing myself with a Behringer cheapie DI, I seem to like it's abilities, but it's early in the testing. My sound is good without it too.

Here's the link to the discussion...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2163846

Archived