Martin DXM on CL - As New Used $325

outdoorgb

• Members

Are these any good for sound (on average...)? Worth driving over to strum? Money is not an issue...

I can get one local here in mint conditon, with a nice case for $325. I need more guitars like Obama needs more supporters but a deal is a deal...or not?

What do ya think? Office beater? Leave at the MIL guitar?

I know so little:facepalm:

• Members

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. The guitar is a laminate MIM, but for a beater (or anything else), you can't beat a Martin.

Actually he states it is US made:

"This guitar is in like new, mint condition. Not a blemish that I can find. Has original tags, warranty and Martin pamphlets that came with it. Nice hard shell case included with this deal.

The neck wood grain is beautiful.

If you need a real nice acoustic guitar it will be hard to find one nicer than this for the money. This guitar is made in the USA. Some of these models were not.

• Members

I'd rather get the DX1 model. The DX1 models have solid spruce tops with mahogany HPL back & sides. The neck material is stratabond (a wood composite). The ones I tried had rosewood fingerboards as opposed to the micarta ones. They aren't really bad guitars and I kinda liked them. The DX1s played well right off the rack, had comfy necks and didn't sound too bad. I have also tried out the 12 string model like Samilyn has and it is my favorite 12 string that I have played in years. $325 is really not really a steal for a DXM since they only sell new for like $449. Now..if I ever see one for like $200 I'd maybe consider it.

Here are the specs on the Martin DXM:

MODEL Martin DXM

CONSTRUCTION: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint

BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret

TOP: Spruce Pattern HPL Textured Finish

ROSETTE: Decal (Gold & black herringbone)

TOP BRACING PATTERN: Martin D-1 (A-frame)

TOP BRACES: D1 (A - frame) w/Graphite Bridge And Bowtie Plates

BACK MATERIAL: Mahogany Pattern HPL Textured Finish

BACK PURFLING: none

SIDE MATERIAL: Mahogany Pattern HPL Textured Finish

ENDPIECE: none

ENDPIECE INLAY: none

BINDING: none

TOP INLAY STYLE: none

SIDE INLAY: none

BACK INLAY: none

NECK MATERIAL: Rust Stratabond

Archived