Parker Acoustic Guitars-Need Advice

bluenile

• Members

Hello Everyone,

I am in need of purchasing a new acoustic guitar and have been enticed by the Parker line of guitars. Can anyone tell me about them? I have read nothing but praise for these guitars but these have been from reviews seen on websites from companies who are selling them so I am kind of weary about the validity of the comments. Any info on the P9E in particular would be helpful. Also, can anyone suggest a store/organization where I can purchase one of these guitars at a reasonable price? From what I have seen, it seems to be quite expensive but that just might be the true price. Thanks a ton!!

• Members

Howdy Blue & welcome

I have played P8E.

It was fun to play. Flat picking or finger picking it had a nice deep tone. Pluged in it sounded as good (used a P.A.).

I liked the guitar, but I would think about other brands & models in that price range that I would like more. Like Larrivee, Guild, Martin, Alvarez-Yairi.

I would suggest taking a look at some other guitars b/4 buying. Knowing what type of wood, shape, electronics, etc that you want in your new guitar.

Good Luck

• Members

I have purchased from Sweetwater before and have been extremely satisfied with my toy and the professionalism that they demonstrated as well. I was also able to haggle a bit on price so I think that I will be heading back to them. However, I would like to get some more feedback on the P9E. Thanks everyone for their comments.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I have purchased from Sweetwater before and have been extremely satisfied with my toy and the professionalism that they demonstrated as well. I was also able to haggle a bit on price so I think that I will be heading back to them. However, I would like to get some more feedback on the P9E. Thanks everyone for their comments.

Howdy. Just checking in on how your Parker acoustic quest panned out. I've been eyeing a few models including the P9E, P8E, P6E and even the PA 22 & 28. I'm a little nervous about these guitars. I suspect plugged in, they're excellent. However its the acoustic piece I'm not certain of.

So what's the scoop? Did you buy? Did you at least try? Did you get any useful info during your search?

Thanks!

r

Archived