Dell'Arte Pigalle (Music Link)

Salieri Stefan

• Members

I have an Ibanez Classic Guitar...i finished the Michael Horrowitz Gypsy Jazz Picking and i don't have problems...now, i want a gypsy jazz guitar...

Thanks for reply...

So...sounds good ? It have "gypsy" sound ?

Sorry for this questions...but i don't know much informations...and i learned this style about 3-4 months...i have 14 years old.

• Members

I keep hearing really good things about the Gitane DG270 Andy McKenzie model. Its finish is a bit unusual, but it's supposed to be cheaper and better than their other signature models.

I also own a Cigano. It definitely has that barking djangobox voice (which can't be said of all cheap selmac copies), and is really loud. Don't expect it to sound anything as refined and complex as a high-end guitar, of course, but for a first guitar or a backup, it is really great. And cheap to boot.

Fun! :thu:

• Members

While the Gitane and Cigano still aren't as loud as most higher end gits, the Pigalles are much less so.

I actually suspect my Cigano to be louder than my Levoi... :o ... but its tone is much more monodimensional. It sounds loud rather than great.

A great casserole! ;)

• Members

Cool!

I've heard louder than the gitane, but all in all its awesome.

I stand corrected.

Well, at least it sounds louder from my perspective as a player in my living room. I'm not sure yet how they compare from a listener's perspective (facing the soundhole) in a band/jam context, ie how well they project and cut through. I suspect the voice of the Levoi would make it very good at this game, but I haven't had the opportunity to jam with it yet.

• Members

Oh...Pascal, what guitar you recommend to me through 700$ ?
:D

Dell Arte Pigalle is good ? You know other guitar ?

In all honesty, I haven't played many guitars in this price range. Many people like their standard Gitanes, but I have never really been convinced by the ones I've played (tastes...). Their newer models (DG-270 or newer signature models -Wrembel, for example-) seem to be truer to the original Selmers (the tops are more arched, the bridge is higher, neck angle is greater), which is supposed to give them a more typical tone. I'd try to compare a Cigano (who also has these characteristics) and a DG-270 to see if the DG-270 is worth the extra $.

I've never seen a Dell'Arte (Pigalle or other) in person, and don't think the new Music Link versions are available in Europe yet (their release keeps being postponed), so I can't comment.

I don't know if you can find them where you are and what they go for, but the "high end" Patenotte guitars are also supposed to sound great for a very reasonable price. But they have chunky necks, and might be slightly over your budget. Unless you can find a second-hand one, maybe... I would not recommend the cheap Patenottes.

:idk:

Archived