New Harp Day!

T.B.

• Members

I made my contribution to the U.S. economy today, bought a Hohner BluesBand harmonica for 4 bucks at GC. OK, now what? ;) I'm trying to learn/play my first song "When The Saint's Go March'in" which came with the Hohner.

HohnerBluesBandHarp.jpg

• Members

Yeah I was confused.

Oops, I forgot that the American vernacular may not translate so well with our musical brothers/sisters across the seas. Harmonica: "blues harp", "harp", or "mouth organ"

Nope, I didn't get this - HarpStyle-30-M-cp.jpg

But if every things goes well, I may get this - bell-harmonica.jpg

:)

• Members

That was not the instrument I was expecting to see on a "New Harp Day"!

I had forgotten what a harp was in the American vernacular
:rolleyes:

It's altogether more elegant and charming than one of the more common Irish ones a Gob Iron - a bit brutal I've long thought

Gob Iron, eh? Never heard that one. I've always admired the Irish way with words. A tad brutal yes, but I doubt I'll forget it. Harp is the most common term here in the colonies. Rolls off the tongue better than Mississippi Saxophone. Especially after a few pints.

• Members

Oops, I forgot that the American vernacular may not translate so well with our musical brothers/sisters across the seas.
Harmonica: "blues harp", "harp", or "mouth organ"

Nope, I didn't get this
-
HarpStyle-30-M-cp.jpg

That's going to be the next non-git addition to my stringed family. I started learning harp a couple of years ago, then it fell by the wayside and I sold the small one I had. Yup - a Celtic harp is at the top of my Santa list as soon as I rustle up another flute.

But if every things goes well, I may get this
-
bell-harmonica.jpg

Erm...might be a good idea to tape all your windows before giving that one a blow. :eek:

Also might wanna wear some shades or something. Looks like it might shoot slobber into one's eyebrows.

Archived