Happy Thanksgiving

Queequeg

• Members

Well, I'm thankful for all kinds of things. Lots of non-musical, family-related and personal things.

But I was thinking again last night how nice it is that live music has really made a come-back around here. So many places to see concerts. Plenty of opportunities for open mikes.

I don't know if this resurgence is nation-wide or even international. I hope so.

Seems like just a few years ago, DJs ruled the day. Those were the dark ages.

Wishing you all a bountiful, happy and safe holiday.

:wave:

• Members
Obviously, in a NA household, Thankgiving is treated just a bit differently (we don't buy into the "Pilgrim/Indians" myth, for one thing), but I'm hoping each and every one of you have a great one.
:)

I don't buy that one, either. Would be more fun if they'd eaten donkeys. Then everyone would be getting a piece of ....................

nevermind.

• Members
I don't buy that one, either. Would be more fun if they'd eaten donkeys. Then everyone would be getting a piece of ....................

nevermind.

Glad I wasn't taking a sip of soda when I read this... :lol:

Ironically, I bough a baby turkey last spring to raise for tomorrow's dinner, but the household (wife, kids, grandmother) named and make a pet out of him (btw, turkeys make a surprisingly responsive pet :freak:)...so we'll be eating venison from the deer I shot last weekend, instead.

They didn't name the buck, fortunately... :p

• Members

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I know it sounds crazy to be glad I have abunch of friends I've never seen but I am thankful for all of you!

Frets, Well said, and nice thoughts!

All my step kids go have the holidays at their other families houses so the holiday isnt much at our home, Still I will do a turkey and stuffing and all and take it over and eat with my mom and dad,They are in their 80's so for the big meals, I take on most of the fixing figuring they have done enough over the years. Thats about it, not the holiday I often imagined I would have thinking about my future while growing up, Tought all my kids would be round But we make the best of things and just live each day....

Wish you all well for how ever you choose to get through the day hope it is a good one!

• Members

Ditto from this household to all of yours. We made pies and stuff all day. Funny thing is I'm just not the eater I used to be. My Son and Nephew though are great fun to watch. It's unbelievable how much they can stuff down.

And TAH, I believe they are called the invaders not pilgrims.

• Members

:lol:
:lol:

OOOOOOOOOkaaaaay. Back at ya Sami!

Somehow, that menu takes on a certain appeal. ;)

Think I'll skip the Ramen and open the bottle of Moet and...

Damn.............this could be a helluva holiday if only...............................

Oh, {censored}................nevermind that too !!!!!!!!!

Archived