New Tacoma ER28C Today!

asatnutz

• Members

Brownie delivered it today... Sounded twangy with the stock strings. I replaced them with Dean Markley, ML12's... Sounds good for a new one....I'm happy with it for now. Neck and fretboard are like an electric with 6105 frets. It has a tusc nut and saddle, If i still like it in a couple of months I'll have a bone nut and saddle installed. Came in a TKL Case. I put up two pictures for you too see it. Great selling dealer by the way.

• Members

Brownie delivered it today... Sounded twangy with the stock strings. I replaced them with Dean Markley, ML12's... Sounds good for a new one....I'm happy with it for now. Neck and fretboard are like an electric with 6105 frets. It has a tusc nut and saddle, If i still like it in a couple of months I'll have a bone nut and saddle installed. Came in a TKL Case. I put up two pictures for you too see it. Great selling dealer by the way.

Very Nice. I am 70 miles Southwest of their Brick & Mortar shop. Pretty good folks to deal with and many Tacoma Forum members have gotten great deals! I have one Tacoma Little Jumbo and have had my eye on an ER28C also. :thu:

• Members

They are awesome to deal with. I also like the guitar. If They had something else I wanted I wouldn't hesitate taking there word for my answer about a guitar. I'd buy from then again. No dealers near me sell Tacoma. I had played a dred in a Luthiers shop a week or so ago and thought it was a great guitar. Very under rated and made in the USA. I like that.

• Members

Very nice! Happy NGD!

LoveRGoatsShania2June20th.jpg

How do you feel about its' tone/sound? I've never played a Tacoma.

The tone was twangy like I had said. I did the string change and that made the difference for me. Feel is very nice and the action is soft. I tune down all my acoustics a half step by the way. Its really a nice guitar... Don't hesitate. The dealer I bought from has a return policy. I'm keeping mine, I like it, it ball'sy

Which body do you want?

• Members

Nice heard! How good is that little guy? I want a Parlor.

The Tacoma Parlor is indeed a "special" guitar. It is more like a 000 than say a Larrivee parlor in size. Think Gibson "Nick Lucas". It has the depth of a dreadnought, standard scale and a wallup that surprises anyone who plays them! My 1997 PM20 thumps my chest when I play it and always makes me smile. If you could get a PM28 to go with the ER28 cousin, you'd be smilin' too. kiss.gif

18irth.jpg

• Members

Brownie delivered it today... Sounded twangy with the stock strings. I replaced them with Dean Markley, ML12's...

Congratulations on the new Tacoma. Where'd you get it? Unlike bigmo66, I have no idea. Do you have any idea what the stock strings were? "Twangy" usually implies a light string but not always. I had some Ernie Ball 80/20's a while back that were--I guess you'd say--a bit twangy but PB's in the same gauge sounded fine. Martin 80/20's in a slightly heavier gauge sound fine as well.

• Members

They are awesome to deal with. I also like the guitar. If They had something else I wanted I wouldn't hesitate taking there word for my answer about a guitar. I'd buy from then again. No dealers near me sell Tacoma. I had played a dred in a Luthiers shop a week or so ago and thought it was a great guitar. Very under rated and made in the USA. I like that.

Also like the guitar? Perhaps you should've bought the dealership if they're better than the guitar. :thu:

Nice instrument, whoever has it. ;)

• Members

Well I won't to the jabs and pokes but nicely done none the less...

I see Tacomas pop up around here for sale once and a while...actually a friend of mine on this forum has one...pawsable, you out there? Do you play this one much?

Think I'll give them a try sometime.

Archived