Americana Series 29.99

Highway_61

• Members

It's a 3/4 size which means it's SMALL, very SMALL. I looked at some 3/4's at GC, just a tad bigger then a Uke,LOL. I guess if you had a small child that wanted to play this would be a great deal to jump on but for an adult I think I'd pass. At least get a 7/8 or 15/16's if you want a smaller then standard guitar. Or you can do like I did and get a resonator. They're about OO or Parlor size and they still project well like a full size because of the cone.

• Members

One of my sons has the green UFO one abducting cattle. I couldnt pass it up. I used it to replace the First Act GSO (guitar shaped object) that was crushed in the brawl described in the "dont buy junk thread". Its not all that bad and is playable and sort of stays in tune. The bass is seriously missing on these little things though.

• Members

Really, can't you see Antiques Roadshow: 2040...

Appraiser: Do you know how much your grandfather paid for this guitar?

Owner: We still have the email that Grandpa printed out, and it says 29.99.

Appraiser: Do you have any idea what it's worth today?

Owner: No. I was hoping that we'd find out here.

Appraiser: Well, because these guitars were so inexpensive, many of them were either sanded or painted. So, it's very rare when you come across one with the original cowboy art. But this guitar's artwork is still here, as we can see, and with the original email bill of sale, if this guitar would come up at auction, I would say--conservatively--that it would bring a final bid of eight thousand dollars.

• Members

Really, can't you see Antiques Roadshow: 2040...

Appraiser: Do you know how much your grandfather paid for this guitar?

Owner: We still have the email that Grandpa printed out, and it says 29.99.

Appraiser: Do you have any idea what it's worth today?

Owner: No. I was hoping that we'd find out here.

Appraiser: Well, because these guitars were so inexpensive, many of them were either sanded or painted. So, it's very rare when you come across one with the original cowboy art. But this guitar's artwork is still here, as we can see, and with the original email bill of sale, if this guitar would come up at auction, I would say--conservatively--that it would bring a final bid of eight thousand dollars.

I enjoyed your post very much. Geez, I thought I was there! Thanks.

Archived