Securing loose wire inside guitar body.

Jimmy Chaos

• Members

My new 110e has something rattling around inside it, the electronics work fine, I think it's a wire that has either come unattached or is loose. (it's a Fishman 'Classic 4' system)

dsc01093hi1.jpg

I've had a look but It's hard to have a proper gander inside... When I change the strings I'm going to try to secure the loose wire to the inside of the guitar.

1. Whats the best thing to use to secure the wire?

2. Where abouts is the best place to secure it?

It's odd, because the input jack isn't at the endpin, it's offset to the side (Like where a Tele or Les Paul input jack would be)

Anyone who is in the know any help would be greatly received.

• Members

Most UST / EQs come with a little stick-on clip for attaching surplus wire to the inside of the guitar. Yours may have come unstuck - if so, restick it with some impact adhesive (eg. Evostick) when you get access. Otherwise, make one yourself or use a small piece of gaffer tape.

PS. I stick the pad on the side of the guitar above and behind the soundhole.

PPS. Side jack plugs are very common - manufacturers often make two versions - side and endpin.

• 8 years later...
  • Moderators
Today when i saw my acoustic guitar i saw one white sticker with wire attached to audio socket. Plz tell where it will attach

well for starters, what kind of guitar, what kind of system does it use...is the wire only attached at one end?

You need to give us a lot more info before we can even begin to help you with this!!

Archived