Goodbye

DarkHorseJ27

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aw, crap. :facepalm:

This is exactly why I stopped listening to Pink Floyd. :(

I imagine that Darkhorse is blaming himself for the collapse of his marriage and has The Wall on constant repeat. I can sympathize.

Darkhorse, you need to get writing all this angst down in lyric form and put it to music. Many have done just this by pouring all that emotion into their art and sharing it with as many people as they could. Wouldn't getting discovered (or at least getting some sort of recognition or regular gig) out of it be the last laugh?

• Members

Hope you are just joking.

SERIOUS mojo sent if you are not.

And remember, if you ever find yourself thinking that ending it is a great way to get back at somebody, to cause them eternal guilt or something, they will eventually get over it.

YOU, on the other hand, wont.

• Members

Hope you are just joking.

SERIOUS mojo sent if you are not.

And remember, if you ever find yourself thinking that ending it is a great way to get back at somebody, to cause them eternal guilt or something, they will eventually get over it.

YOU, on the other hand, wont.

+1 Say goodbye to your immediate surroundings if you want, but not the whole world, come on pick up the keyboard let us know your ok..... please

• Members

Aw, crap.
:facepalm:

This is exactly why I stopped listening to Pink Floyd.
:(

I imagine that Darkhorse is blaming himself for the collapse of his marriage and has
The Wall
on constant repeat. I can sympathize.

Darkhorse, you need to get writing all this angst down in lyric form and put it to music. Many have done just this by pouring all that emotion into their art and sharing it with as many people as they could. Wouldn't getting discovered (or at least getting some sort of recognition or regular gig) out of it be the last laugh?

My sentiments exactly.

Lose the cry in your beer music.

Without the bad times to contrast and compare to,

The good times of life lose all their luster.

This, too, shall pass.

My attempt at inspirational prose. :facepalm:

• Members

There's this thing going around on Facebook where you're supposed to write 25 random things about yourself. Here's my list.

Pay particular attention to Number 20:

1 - I have a phobic aversion to organ meat (Liver, Kidneys, Sweetbreads, etc).

2 - I lived in a teepee for 3 summers in a row in the 1960's and learned all about the Lakota Sioux tribe.

3 - When I'm blue I eat rice and peas.

4 - I have a disabling fear of heights, but I have no problem piloting an airplane.

5 - I watched all three of my children being born.

6 - People say I make funny faces when I play the guitar.

7 - I've eaten porcupine.

8 - I like to go barefoot whenever I can, even outside in the winter when I take out the trash or get the paper.

9 - Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

10 - I cannot snap my fingers.

11 - I have always bonded with cats.

12 - I have an uncanny ability to memorize phone numbers.

13 - I have been fascinated by politics since I was a young child.

14 - My father took me to the March On Washington in 1963 and I heard Martin Luther King Jr. deliver the "I Have A Dream" speech.

15 - I was onstage with the Grateful Dead when they played a free concert in Tompkins Square Park, but I was so stoned I barely remember it.

16 - I walked to the top of Mt. Washington.

17 - I walked to the top of the Washington Monument.

18 - I refuse to be embarrassed by how badly I sing.

19 - I love any kind of machine.

20 - I was heartbroken and then came to realize that I was better off without her.

21 - I have aspirations to travel more.

22 - Just the thought of George Carlin makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

23 - Ever since I learned about them, I've wanted a Viking funeral.

24 - I'm never satisfied with my cell phone.

25 - I've always wanted to write a book, but whenever I figure out what I want to write about, I get interested in something else.

• Members

Very cool list. Porcupine?

I was living in the teepee and we went on a hike. Now in those days in Vermont, porcupines were a real problem. They eat the bark off trees and the trees die, and during that time there was a big overpopulation in the Greene Mountains, and the Forest Service had asked hikers on the Long Trail to kill porcupines if were seen. So we were walking along the Long Trail and we saw a porcupine, killed it with a big stick (a sharp tap with a sizable stick on the bridge of their nose will do the trick), managed to skin it, gut it, cook it, and eat it. We actually soaked it in a bucket of hot salty water overnight over the fire and grilled it up with powdered eggs for breakfast. It was tough and greasy and didn't have much flavor.

• Members

I wonder if there's anyway of contacting a moderator and getting his IP address and doing a little research to find out where/who he is.

He has a YouTube page by the same name and it says he hasn't been on in 3 days and it's not well travelled nor does he allow the friends and subscibers lists to be shown. He's only got 3 Ritchie Blackmore video's favorited with the last one being 3 days ago.

I know we don't know him personally and it may be overreacting to think the worst, I've just been thinking about it all day, since I read it this morning, and wondering what we could do.

Archived