No announcement yet.

Takamine truss rod wrench size?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takamine truss rod wrench size?

Does anyone know what size allen wrench fits the truss rod nut in the soundhole of a Takamine EF381SC 12 string? I just picked up a used one in pretty good shape, but the neck relief could use a little tweaking. Is it possibly a 5 mm or a 3/16"?
    Stratosteam

several strats, 1 tele, several rics, 1 les paul deluxe, several Taylors, a Martin, and according to my wife, way too many others!

I thought since Taks are made overseas that the 5mm would be right, however, the 3/16" fit better on mine. I don't know why, but I did.
    HCGB #271

Comment

Thanks; I will give a 3/16" a try. I just didn't want to guess wrong and round off the edges of the hex nut.
      Stratosteam

several strats, 1 tele, several rics, 1 les paul deluxe, several Taylors, a Martin, and according to my wife, way too many others!

Comment

I thought since Taks are made overseas that the 5mm would be right, however, the 3/16" fit better on mine. I don't know why, but I did.

Apparently some models were made with the wrong trussrod nut before the error was caught, so it may be 3/16, but 5mm is the standard for Taks.

Comment

Working...
        X